Author Topic: TFP vs other software  (Read 1081 times)

the cad man

• Crip's CAD
TFP vs other software
« on: August 01, 2013, 05:19:54 PM »
Hi everybody,

This week I was asked by a local architect to draw up some 3D coloured renders of one of his designs to sell to some very wealthy clients.
I did several versions using different rendering software programs.
Interestingly, he chose the TFP render over some high-end competitor's software (of far superior final renders).
When I asked him why he chose that particular print he said, "In my game it is almost always the wife that makes the final decision on whether to purchase a home or not, and the wife is more likely to be sold on a lovely garden than room layout".
So, thankyou TFP, your landscaping capabilities sold me a high-end commission this week over much more expensive programs.

Gaz
:)
Garry Wilson
Adelaide, South Australia

HP i7, Windows 8
TURBOFloorPlan3D Home & Landscape PRO v16
ProArchitect
Envisioneer
TurboCAD PRO Platinum v20

Allan Chesney

• Administrator
    • www.alchesdesigns.iinet.net.au
Re: TFP vs other software
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2013, 06:11:57 PM »
Hi Gas,

Thanks for sharing your good news. Interesting strategy on the architect's part.

I used a similar strategy once to get development approval on a difficult site where a church was too close to the boundary and there was not enough landscaping or off street parking. I presented side by side images of the existing building with the proposed renovation/extension with nice landscaping of the small amount of space there was.

The therory was that the city ouncilors (in those days anyway, maybe not now) were the ones who made the decision not the technical people who could read the plans. The 'pretty pictures' (along with a model of the building and site) won  them over and we got approval. The first we knew of it, was an article in the local paper praising how well we had presented the case and quoting the town planner's comment that they thought it was "a marvelous idea" despite the limitations.

I must admit that the images of the renovated building and landacaping, looked much better than the photos of the existing one. The model was a hit too - you could remove the roof and it was all furnished even to details like taps and door knobs (pinheads!)

We used their exact wording for the required advertising, that we were renovating and making "minor extensions". We were in fact, as the plans showed, keeping two walls - floor, roof and everything else was new! There was only one objection - re parking on the street. Their reappnce was that we were increasing off street parking (by two bays - where the outside toilets had been!). They remained very much on our side right through the project and dealt with this one very difficult neighbour opposite in no uncertain terms even calling the police to stop the neighbour 'disturbing the peace'.

Do we get to see an image of your landscaping or are there confidentiality issues?

Allan
Allan Chesney,
Kalamunda, Perth, Western Australia
www.alchesdesigns.iinet.net.au

TurboFloorPlan Home and Landscape Pro V16.0.C1.901
Envisioneer Construction Suite V9.1.2.1234
TurboCAD V17 Professional

the cad man

• Crip's CAD
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2013, 10:29:11 PM »
That's the way to success!  A lot of people are visually oriented and react better to a picture (or model) than to a set of plans, or ideas.

I will need to check with the architects for their permission to post the pictures, as they have paid me (handsomely) to produce the renders for them, they now own all the rights to their use.

If I can post some images I will.

Gaz
Garry Wilson

HP i7, Windows 8
ProArchitect
Envisioneer

the cad man

• Crip's CAD
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2013, 07:20:17 PM »
Hi guys,

I've checked with the architect and as the image is now on public display on websites, brochures, flyers and the sign at the construction site, there's no problem with displaying it here.
Below is a photo I took this morning of myself next to the sign at the construction site.
There's something very satisfying about seeing something that was formed in your head becoming a home for a family to live in (hence my big grin!) ;D

Gaz
Garry Wilson

HP i7, Windows 8
ProArchitect
Envisioneer

Burgo

« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2013, 01:01:01 PM »
Gaz, classy photograph of yourself, I bet the CAD girls are going gar gar. Nice house image also, how about more elevation images.
Bob

the cad man

• Crip's CAD
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2013, 04:16:41 PM »
...how about more elevation images

Western and Northern façades.
Garry Wilson

HP i7, Windows 8
ProArchitect
Envisioneer

Burgo

« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2013, 01:14:15 PM »
Thanks Gaz, do you have 3d images of the other elevations as I would be interested to view.
Bob

the cad man

• Crip's CAD
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2013, 03:49:04 PM »
do you have 3d images of the other elevations as I would be interested to view.

The boss only wanted the one render but if I get a chance I'll do a couple for you.

Gaz
Garry Wilson

HP i7, Windows 8
ProArchitect
Envisioneer

the cad man

• Crip's CAD
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2013, 10:59:29 PM »
A very fast render of the southern façade

Garry Wilson

HP i7, Windows 8
ProArchitect
Envisioneer

Kajvin - Robert W

• Holiday at Clear Creek River Golden, CO USA 2006
« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2013, 10:25:55 AM »
Great work Gaz!

/Robert
Cadsoft ProArchitect 2
TurboFLOORPLAN3D Home & Landscape Pro
Version 16.0.C1.901.
Computer:
KajRobVin 2011 Asus P6X58D-E/Gigabyte GV-N560OC-1GI Dual Screen Windows 8 Pro
Living: Älmhult Sweden

the cad man

• Crip's CAD
« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2013, 03:57:52 PM »
Thank you sir.
Garry Wilson

HP i7, Windows 8
ProArchitect
Envisioneer

Jack Zimmer

« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2013, 07:15:12 AM »
Hi Gaz,

As much as I agree with you on the benefits of a 3D model / rendering, it is only as good as the person facing the screen  :)!  Congrats on a great job and hopefully many future commissions.

Jack