Register

TurboFloorPlan 2017 is Shipping!!!

Importing Drawings / General Training
Read 104 times
* July 31, 2019, 01:31:25 PM
I am new to this product (Mac iOS), and have always done landscape design with pencil and paper (it is a hobby, not my profession).  I am excited  about the possibilities, especially the 3D views.

We just had a major house renovation done, and our architect has provided me the files (in both Sketch and DWG) of our home.  I have tried importing both, but with no luck.  As my focus is on the landscaping and not the home design (and as I have already paid the architect a lot of money), can anyone advise how to do this or where I might find help?

Relatedly, I would like to become much more fluent in the software, and also welcome any advice on books or courses.  Thank you.

July 31, 2019, 02:36:23 PM
Hi Krotz,

TFP is an amazing product and you will be surprised with the different options and results!  :)

Regarding your questions:

We just had a major house renovation done, and our architect has provided me the files (in both Sketch and DWG) of our home.  I have tried importing both, but with no luck. 
Assuming that you have V20, you can import Sketchup files for 3D objects and DWG files for floorplans. Use => File => Import.

As my focus is on the landscaping and not the home design (and as I have already paid the architect a lot of money), can anyone advise how to do this or where I might find help?
I provide services and training for TFP users (since 2002) through my website Punchhepers
You can check the different options in the services page of my website.
Also you will find free tutorials and resources in this section of my website as well as in my Facebook page

Relatedly, I would like to become much more fluent in the software, and also welcome any advice on books or courses.
I provide one on one training courses (Via Skype), but in addition I wrote a series of eBook covering all the programs, OS and versions. Check all my eBooks in the eBooks page of my website.

I am new to this product (Mac iOS), and have always done landscape design with pencil and paper (it is a hobby, not my profession).  I am excited  about the possibilities, especially the 3D views.
To see nice results, don't forget to check my galleries

Hope this helps.

* July 31, 2019, 05:52:26 PM
Thanks Pat!  I downloaded a few of your tutorials, and will consider the eBook. :)

July 31, 2019, 06:11:01 PM
You're welcome!  :)