architectural design in a little place in Mexico

Started by jmartin, November 23, 2009, 07:58:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jmartin

I work in Mexico, in a small town named Valle de Bravo (just 2 hrs. from Mexico City), surrounded by a lake and forest (see pictures attached). In this place, as in many others, along the time the various influences and trends, as well as the environment itself, have created and defined a determined  architectural style; here you can find, mainly within a preponderant Spanish influence, some details naturally taken from the own Mexican architectural trend, some other features from  French provence, Tudor, and others.

This style is now a value that we all who live here and authorities want to keep preserved, so there are urban and building regulations which constrain the architectural design within them.

Therefore, to design

Allan Chesney

Beautiful render - it has come out really well and true to the 'as constructed'.

I can imagine that it is a little frustrating to have to be confined with design. Thankfully Australia is, for the most part, all new (little history really as european settlement only goes back barely 200 years) that anything goes in architectural style. While this makes it easy for designers, it also results in, to my eyes, some grotesque buildings. An example http://www.news.com.au/travel/story/0,28318,26387110-5014090,00.html.  The new Perth Arena is heading the same way - http://www.housing.wa.gov.au/pertharena/images.html. Give me traditional (or Spanish/Mexican) any day.

Currently I am working on a remodelling of a 75 room Convention Centre.  That will keep me busy for a while!

Hopefully we will see some more examples of your work in the future.

Allan
Allan Chesney,
Kalamunda, Perth, Western Australia
www.alchesdesigns.iinet.net.au

TurboFloorPlan Home and Landscape Pro V16.0.C1.901
Envisioneer Construction Suite V9.1.2.1234
TurboCAD V17 Professional

jmartin

hi again

You are absolutely right!  those buildings are sort of aberrant abortions.

on the  other hand, I thank your remark about my pictures.  I saw your '9 storey building'   that IS a render, and a wonderful design!!!

soon I'll deliver some samples of houses in Valle de Bravo.

regards.

jmartin

dtaylor

Its fantastic work all around!   I would love to add it to the showcase on our main website if you are
willing to let us use the rendering for that purpose.  Hopefualy your okay with that.
We are always looking to improve the showcase, so if you are and have addtional ones as well let me know.

http://www.imsidesign.com/Products/TurboFLOORPLAN/TurboFLOORPLANImageGallery/tabid/497/Default.aspx

jmartin

hi

certainly I agree.  I'll be glad and honoured.

thanks for your remark and of course for choosing my work to be added to gallery!

jmartin

dtaylor

great thanks...i'll have our web developer add it ASAP.

Kajvin - Robert W

Great work, hope we will see more of your design in the gallery.

/ Robert

Cadsoft ProArchitect 2
TurboFLOORPLAN3D Home & Landscape Pro
Version 16.0.C1.901.
Computer:
KajRobVin 2011 Asus P6X58D-E/Gigabyte GV-N560OC-1GI Dual Screen Windows 8 Pro
Living: Älmhult Sweden