360 Degree Rotation Movies and Web Appication

Started by Allan Chesney, December 02, 2009, 11:47:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Allan Chesney

Have you tried using the TFP movie (animation) functionality.  It works well and has commercial applications as per this example.

I recently took an early retirement redundency package from the energy retailer where I had been for 43 years, and my last month or two was the most exciting, as I created an application for their website, almost all done in TFP.  My idea was an application to illustrate things, some just common sense behaviour and some home renovations, to show people how they can reduce electricity use in the home.

To appreciate what TFP can do, have a play with the application at http://www.synergy.net.au/renovator. There is a choice of a brick or timber home and icons floating around it (they were not done in TFP of course), that will trigger other animations.  You can rotate the home, which is the 360 degree movie and be elevated over it with the roof off. Many smaller movies and still images were used and all put together in Flash.

Attached is a VERY COMPRESSED movie of the rotation. Forum limitations have necessitated the extreme compression. The original movie was over 150MB (and the forum limit is 4MB!).  The web link above will give you a much better idea of what TFP can do.

I will do a second post here with a couple more images and animation transitions  -  http://forums.turbofloorplan.com/index.php/topic,1012.0.html.

Give it a try. I will put some of my findings and movie making tips in the Tips section shortly - they may help too.  I will include too a blank file with just the 360 degree movie path that may be useful also.  I may not get that up there today but soon.
Allan Chesney,
Kalamunda, Perth, Western Australia
www.alchesdesigns.iinet.net.au

TurboFloorPlan Home and Landscape Pro V16.0.C1.901
Envisioneer Construction Suite V9.1.2.1234
TurboCAD V17 Professional

Kajvin - Robert W

WOW! Thats a great work Allan, I have never try it but I will some day. Have a great 2010 year.

Robert
Cadsoft ProArchitect 2
TurboFLOORPLAN3D Home & Landscape Pro
Version 16.0.C1.901.
Computer:
KajRobVin 2011 Asus P6X58D-E/Gigabyte GV-N560OC-1GI Dual Screen Windows 8 Pro
Living: Älmhult Sweden

Allan Chesney

Thanks Robert,

It was a fascinating project to work on. I must get around to writing up a few of my findins as they may help others.

Great to hear from you again.

Allan
Allan Chesney,
Kalamunda, Perth, Western Australia
www.alchesdesigns.iinet.net.au

TurboFloorPlan Home and Landscape Pro V16.0.C1.901
Envisioneer Construction Suite V9.1.2.1234
TurboCAD V17 Professional