Register

TurboFloorPlan 2017 is Shipping!!!

Creating Custom Objects within TurboFLOORPLAN
Read 13251 times
* April 11, 2010, 08:26:23 AM
It is possible to create almost any object you want, within TFP, by using the various tools that already exist. Imagination is almost the only limiting factor.

Different tools have different characteristics but are essentually just shapes that can be put together.

The floor is really just a great big flat box with a different texture on each side, but you can also cut it to any shape and cut holes in it also of any shape. By putting different floor cutouts together you can create many curved objects (see Chair and Pelmet in the image).

The ceiling is the same but thinner, but it can also be sloped - as can the Roof and Surfaces tool.

There also also other Shapes available (Box, Cylinder and Tube) and Members that have unlimited profiles (eg TV unit, Copper Tubes, Podium and Microphone).

Walls are only walls because of their height and width etc but they can just as easily be sized to make other objects (eg Wagon Wheel).

All these elements form a big toolbox of things to use to make other things.  The image shows just a few example.

The attached PDF is a 7 page illustrated tutorial of how to create such objects and add them to your catalogue.
If there is not enough detail just ask.

Allan
« Last Edit: April 11, 2010, 08:41:32 AM by Allan Chesney »

Allan Chesney,
Kalamunda, Perth, Western Australia
www.alchesdesigns.iinet.net.au

TurboFloorPlan Home and Landscape Pro V16.0.C1.901
Envisioneer Construction Suite V9.1.2.1234
TurboCAD V17 Professional

April 11, 2010, 01:41:14 PM
Hi Allan! Thanks!! :)
This pdf-tutorial will be a great inspiration source for me, I have save it to my TFP-folder, that i called, "Bra att ha", "good things to collect"

Robert

Cadsoft ProArchitect 2
TurboFLOORPLAN3D Home & Landscape Pro
Version 16.0.C1.901.
Computer:
KajRobVin 2011 Asus P6X58D-E/Gigabyte GV-N560OC-1GI Dual Screen Windows 8 Pro
Living: Älmhult Sweden

* April 12, 2010, 08:58:30 AM
Hi Robert,

I hope it helps or gives ideas what can be done.  The possibilities are endless.

I am hoping in a future release these different capabilities of the various elements can be put together into a "Toolbox", where walls can be simplified (eg framing not required, extend to roof, dropface etc) and be made available for easilly making cabinet sides, floors and ceilings for top and bottom and shelves, all with their 'cut out' features. 

You can do all this now, so it should be easy to strip the unnecessary things and add vertical rotation and save the whole thing to the catalogue without having to export/import.

Just for fun I created this TurboFLOORPLAN image using the Layout tools converted to walls.

Allan

Allan Chesney,

April 12, 2010, 10:13:03 AM
Hi Allan

Great text Allan, but as you knew I'm not new to use the Layout tools, but your tutorial, got looking outside the box further away.

Cadsoft ProArchitect 2
TurboFLOORPLAN3D Home & Landscape Pro
Version 16.0.C1.901.
Computer:
KajRobVin 2011 Asus P6X58D-E/Gigabyte GV-N560OC-1GI Dual Screen Windows 8 Pro
Living: Älmhult Sweden

* July 23, 2010, 08:38:08 AM
Mr. Chesney :
                       Your post on creating custom objects is interesting.
                       I went to download the  .pdf file, and I keep gtting an error message
                   referrring to the file being corrupted.

garystan

* July 23, 2010, 12:09:44 PM
Hi garystan,

I have just downloaded it myself and had no problem - it opened instantly.  I tried it several times and it worked every time. It has been there for some time now and on the Envisioneer forum too and no one else has reported an issue with it.
Maybe there was something odd happening with your internet connection at the time.

Anyway I have attached it again, so give it another go now.

EDIT:  After posting this again I downloaded it from this new link several times and they also worked.
Let me know if you have problems again and I will email it to you.

Allan
« Last Edit: July 23, 2010, 12:12:52 PM by Allan Chesney »

Allan Chesney,

* July 25, 2010, 04:40:38 PM
 Allan :

In your instructions on Making Custom Objects, how do I find " Floor by picking points" ?

garystan

* July 25, 2010, 08:54:40 PM
Hi garystan, 

If you look closely at the Floor icon you will see it has a 'drop down' arrow on thr right hand side. Click the arrow and you will get the other insert options. You will find this on many other tools also.

Allan

Allan Chesney,

* July 05, 2012, 01:06:14 PM
dear sir ,
thank you for all information , what im asking  that do you have more design and decoration shapes

thanks

malqasim

* July 05, 2012, 05:20:53 PM
dear sir ,
thank you for all information , what im asking  that do you have more design and decoration shapes
thanks
malqasim

Search the internet, Google works well, for 3D objects, or .3ds or .skp or or .bim or go to Google Sketchup Warehouse...lots of free stuff available

Or if you are inventive, Allan's information allows you to make your own if the TFP catalog does not have what you want.

* September 29, 2012, 02:27:56 AM
Hi Allan
Is this the procedure to copy one of my 2 story house simple designs from one drawing into another drawing.
I have tried to follow your pdf advice but finish up with only a light coloured correct shape which has no means of editing the house. (I did filter out the background)

Infrequent but enthusiastic user of TFP 3D Home & Landscape Pro Ver 15.0.c2.770

* September 29, 2012, 06:31:27 AM
Hi Quintain,

Sorry but there is no way of copying a house from one project to another except this way but, as you have found, it is not editable (except total size and textures).

You can save a file as another name of course and add to it.

If what you have is usable in some way but is too light, you can change that by shift selecting all of the textures and change the 2D line colour.

Alkan

Allan Chesney,

* September 29, 2012, 08:46:44 AM
Hi Quintain,

Sorry but there is no way of copying a house from one project to another except this way but, as you have found, it is not editable (except total size and textures).

You can save a file as another name of course and add to it.

If what you have is usable in some way but is too light, you can change that by shift selecting all of the textures and change the 2D line colour.

Alkan
Hi and thank you Allan

How does it sound "it's good to hear and it's not good to hear".

I thought I was simply being slow in my understanding of TFP and there must be away to copy one house plan from a file(project) to another.
Accordingly I spent a number of hours working on it, including using your excellent (no BS) pdf rather than ask what I believed to be a simpletons question.

OK I will go back to my major project and rebuild my houses again.

However, it would be nice if TFP could be designed to do what I wished!!!

Thank you again your help.

Infrequent but enthusiastic user of TFP 3D Home & Landscape Pro Ver 15.0.c2.770

* September 30, 2012, 06:50:30 AM
You may save some time by exporting a 2D floorplan image, from a .bld file you like, and import that as a 2D image and "trace" or use as a guide to speed up making a new set of walls etc. in your "combined" design.

You will likely need more than one 2D image if you have more than one floor in your bldg.

* September 30, 2012, 07:54:04 AM
Hi Quintain,

As Doug said you could export an image to trace, or even better export a 2D DXF file. When imported back in to TFP you can use the ObjectSnap so when you use the wall tool to trace the walls, it will snap to the DXF outline making it easier to trace.

Allan

Allan Chesney,