Register

TurboFloorPlan 2017 is Shipping!!!

New features coming???
Read 1326 times
* August 17, 2010, 06:05:15 PM
Hi everybody!

I have been this program for about a week, and its great! But its missing a few features that really would help.
We run a building company, and it takes us alot longer to draw the plans without these features.
1: Can not edit .dwg
2: Can not easily print several views on one page (yes it can be done but it takes a lot longer and if you need to change something on it you have to re-import it)
3: Can not write text on eleation and/or sections (without exporting and importing)
4: Can not copy/paste from one project to another.

Does anyone know if these features are coming soon??

Kind regards

Ole

* August 17, 2010, 07:04:54 PM
Hi Ole,

Welcome to the forum!

Unfortunately I don't think many of these things will come along (in the short term anyway).

TurboFLOORPLAN is really designed for 3D visualisation not printing plans and is typically for home users, not commercial purposes. The plans available are really only for the purpose of creating the 3D model, even though they are very detailed if you move in close.  They may introduce more plan printing capabilities but I suspect it will be limited.

The problem is that this would probably increase the price considerably and take it out of the affordability of the home user, as it would undermine the parent product, Envisioneer, which already does most of these things. Envisioneer is capable of full construction drawings, very easily - just drop the elevations etc onto your page, as well as elaborate framing capabilities in the top version. If it is crucial to your business, then maybe you could try the 30 day trail of Envisioneer and see if it will do what you want. If it does, then you may be able to justify the extra cost. Any exisiting plans you have will still work in Envisioneer and you can then utilise the printing features. (make sure you use a copy of the file as you will not be able to take an edited file back to TFP). The final print and export functions are disabled in the trail version but everthing else is available to try.

As Envisioneer develops, TFP inherits some of the older features, so some of these things may flow through in time. Even the import of DWG files was not possible in TFP V14 but it is there now, and also the window and door schedules, which are really to do with plans not 3D visualisation, so some of these things may come eventually.

Envisioneer Essentials would not do what you want, but Professional and Construction Suite should. http://www.cadsoft.com/compare.php

Allan
« Last Edit: August 17, 2010, 07:08:53 PM by Allan Chesney »

Allan Chesney,
Kalamunda, Perth, Western Australia
www.alchesdesigns.iinet.net.au

TurboFloorPlan Home and Landscape Pro V16.0.C1.901
Envisioneer Construction Suite V9.1.2.1234
TurboCAD V17 Professional

* August 18, 2010, 02:48:51 PM
Thank you Allan, I really appreciate your time and effort in replying to my post.

I think we might have to try envisioneer so that we can use those features.

Thank you again.

Ole