Register

TurboFloorPlan 2017 is Shipping!!!

Trace Image
Read 11717 times
* November 03, 2007, 09:03:04 AM
There's also a 'Hardware Acceleration' within Windows, for any euphemistic 'mouse problems'...

Control Panel, Display, Settings, Advanced, Troubleshoot...

D'uh, what is 'Write Combining' ??

IIRC, I had to back-off Windows' HA and cancel FP's own to make either Matrox or BFG(Invidia) cards work with FP...

* November 03, 2007, 10:30:48 AM
That suggests to try on one PC, save file, open on other PC and see if problems stays with the file or is a function of the PC/vid-card.

So I took my own advice and a couple real findings....

1. .bld file does not carry the .jpg trace file with it (not surprised) but does leave a "place holder" (all white) on the floor-plan and has a link to the source...so if you copy the tracing file from one PC to next PC and have it stored in same path, the image will probably show OK....or save file to disk and re-point/path or re-insert trace is needed. That makes logical sense to me and what I'd expect from most any app.

2. The view on my desktop changes depending if HA is on or off for exactly the same file.....with HA on, the walls are solid filled and on top layer over the trace image...but if I turn HA off the the solid fill walls are hidden under the trace image....unless I turn transparency/opacity down from default 90% to like 5%....sounds to me like video card clipping depth or display order...regardless it is directly repeatably a HA issue...and "on" is better for me in all cases except for renders....and I'm finding workarounds for that too.

* November 04, 2007, 06:54:57 AM
Doug,

On my laptop (Win 2000 ATI Graphics HA off) and desktop (Win XP Nvidia grpahics, HA off) I get exactly the same, trace on top  and fill only on a few walls types but still remains behind the trace image.  On yours both work, fill and trace, yet on one the trace is on top and the other it is underneath. This sounds very odd - I wonder if it has anything to do with the way the image is imported or the image itself. Why should your two PC's handle the image position differently?  Did you do anything differently with the two images - or was it the same one?

EDIT - this post was in reply to yours at the bottom of the previous page - I did not realise there were more on page 2.  Following your latest post I tried with HA on and it worked - the image became transparent and the walls visible.  Still only the Stucco walls can be set to solid but I can see even the non-solid ones now.  So it was a HA issue all along.  Looks like we need a HA switch on the status bar!

Allan
« Last Edit: November 04, 2007, 08:08:53 AM by Allan Chesney »

Allan Chesney,
Kalamunda, Perth, Western Australia
www.alchesdesigns.iinet.net.au

TurboFloorPlan Home and Landscape Pro V16.0.C1.901
Envisioneer Construction Suite V9.1.2.1234
TurboCAD V17 Professional

* November 04, 2007, 08:28:42 AM
Yes I agree and will add to the suggestion list....need easy HA on/off

November 06, 2007, 04:02:44 AM
Allan and Doug I think I have found the answer to the problem it seems depend of what type of measurement you use metric or imperial
I try whit imperial catalog and now I can trace whit every walls.
Whit Metric catalog that I and I think Allan use, you can trace only whit 100 and 150mm Stucco Wall and 150 mm foundation walls. So this must be something in the program how not working as it should be.
Robert

Cadsoft ProArchitect 2
TurboFLOORPLAN3D Home & Landscape Pro
Version 16.0.C1.901.
Computer:
KajRobVin 2011 Asus P6X58D-E/Gigabyte GV-N560OC-1GI Dual Screen Windows 8 Pro
Living: Älmhult Sweden

November 06, 2007, 04:40:12 AM
Allan and Doug I think I have found the answer to the problem it seems depend of what type of measurement you use metric or imperial
I try whit imperial catalog and now I can trace whit every walls.
Whit Metric catalog that I and I think Allan use, you can trace only whit 100 and 150mm Stucco Wall and 150 mm foundation walls. So this must be something in the program how not working as it should be.
Robert

Now I have fund what is wrong after I make an new catalog whit both imperial and metric walls and i compared them i fond this parmeter 2D Structure
must the Solid Fill be Enable for the trace shall work in both catalog and you can also have diffrent coulors for diffrent walltyps. The HA on and off problem we have to blame on Bill ;D
Robert
« Last Edit: November 06, 2007, 05:03:20 AM by robban »

Cadsoft ProArchitect 2
TurboFLOORPLAN3D Home & Landscape Pro
Version 16.0.C1.901.
Computer:
KajRobVin 2011 Asus P6X58D-E/Gigabyte GV-N560OC-1GI Dual Screen Windows 8 Pro
Living: Älmhult Sweden