Register

TurboFloorPlan 2017 is Shipping!!!

Selecting objects
Read 1746 times
* March 19, 2012, 09:11:09 AM
It would be nice to be able to, while in 2d, select items that are 'underneath' other objects.

Now you have to go into View Manager and make the top item unselectable.  If they are both the same type of element, you have to go to 3d just to select it, then go back to 2d, then open the menu, select previous, then make the change.

All other CAD programs I've used have simple ways to complete this operation.  For instance, TC automatically displays a drop-down list of any objects that are in the cursor's "wheelhouse", and lets you decide which one you want to select.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2012, 09:12:53 AM by George Smith »

* March 20, 2012, 04:03:13 PM
It is a good idea.  I have several programs that offer a list of items below the cursor, via a right mouse click...it is handy and adds clarity to a selection.

* August 17, 2012, 01:23:21 PM
I also agree--just having an "object manager" (like many drawing programs) list that could stay open to be clicked on would be very useful. 

* August 18, 2012, 08:04:42 PM
Hi George.

One thing you can try is to draw a cursor loop (fence) around the object that is in the way and the object that you want to move. With both selected, hold down the shift key and click the one that is in the way.

The other should stay highlighted. Right click, select Move and now move the remaining object.

Jack