Register

TurboFloorPlan 2017 is Shipping!!!

AVAILABLE !! ROOF TRAINING VIDEOS
Read 5268 times
* August 04, 2012, 11:38:33 AM
I may have this link elsewhere on the Forums, but it seems better here.

My roof training videos cover both basic and advanced roof techniques in one package.

http://3dhousedesigns.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=31&Itemid=25   

The content is the same as the two sold on IMSI Design website but the ones for IMSI Design are more specific to TFPlan and have some introductory videos. The difference is mostly cosmetic but for those wishing to only purchase Basic and or Advanced, IMSI Design gives that option.

Bottom line is either my website or IMSI Designs has the videos to get you producing with what I consider the best roof tool in the business.

thanks,

Jack

* August 06, 2012, 08:12:56 AM
I just wanted to comment on how helpful Jack's roof videos have been to me.  I am a civil engineer that formally used very outdated versions of autocad and softplan.  When I started  having trouble generating pdf's and sharing files in outdated file types, I knew it was time to update my drawing tools. 

I put this off because I knew the learning curve would be steep and would end up spending hours of valuable time getting myself up to speed.  After purchasing Jack's roof videos, after a weekend of efforts, I feel reasonably confident using the roof functions, which is probably the most difficult area in the program,at least in my limited experience.  I cannot begin to estimate the hours of learning time these videos have saved. An unexpected benefit, is that while watching the videos, I have had several "light bulb" moments regarding the use of many of the drafting and editing functions within the program.

Well worth the modest investment and plan on purchasing future videos should Jack decide to release more...

* September 27, 2012, 09:36:17 PM
Jack:

I purchased the roof basic training video through IMSI and am basically very impressed and happy with them.  However, there seems to be a glitch with the video.

In chapter 2 the video abruptly stops at 1:21 and restarts from the beginning of chapter 2.  There is no way to get it to play the remaining 5 minutes.  All the other chapters seem to work w/o problem.

Any thoughts on how to fix this (I have tried deleting and reinstalling from the original downloaded zip file but, due to capacity limits here in OZ I have not redownloaded the zip file).

Thanks

* September 28, 2012, 04:34:54 AM
Hi Whidbey,

I've not heard of this problem with the videos from IMSI.  They 'renamed' the files so I'm not familar with Chapter 2.

Could you tell me the file name you have in the unzipped folder? I am interested in the name of the topic being discussed when the stop occurs. Is it Salt Box or Clearstory ??

Jack

* September 28, 2012, 02:05:26 PM
Jack:

The chapter is titled "2 Basic Roof Tools"  and the subsection where the glitch occurs is called "Framg (sic) Options" (the typo is in the original and I mention it because it may signify a possible source of the problem).

Thanks

Joe

* September 28, 2012, 03:58:03 PM
Whidbey011

By any chance are you from Whidbey Island?

* September 28, 2012, 06:30:21 PM
Hi Joe,

I will have to check with IMSI Design to see what has happened. I sell the whole package on my website. IMSI Design has made it into two packages - Basic and Advanced. I believe they also renamed some of the sections, so I'm not quite sure where the problem lies.

I will check on Monday and let you know what I found. I would guess they could get you another download.

thanks,

Jack

* September 29, 2012, 12:26:13 AM
Whidbey011

Yes, near Coupeville. You?

Joe Hayes

* September 29, 2012, 05:06:55 AM
Whidbey011

Yes, near Coupeville. You?

Joe Hayes

I bought a 2 acre piece of property, high bluff passage water frontage, to build retirement home, a few miles south of Coupeville. Designed it all via TFP. Hired a builder, cleared land for driveway and house then stopped because of economics here in Mich.  Visit now and then. Still waiting for economy to recover more. Whidbey "island time" is a nice quiet place. Have a few friends there.

* October 03, 2012, 02:35:50 PM
basic training video through IMSI and am basically very impressed and happy with them.  However, there seems to be a glitch with the video.

Hi Joe,

I spoke with IMSI and they said you should write to Support and explain your problem.

Here is the email link,

customerservice@imsidesign.com

Jack

* October 03, 2012, 03:04:13 PM
Jack:

Thanks.  I did that well before I posted here and have never had a response from them. 

I will try again and let you know.

Joe

* October 05, 2012, 10:20:31 PM
Hi Joe,

Do I understand correctly, you don't have the ability to download large files?

I have sent CD's overseas with success. The time to burn, buy CD and Jewel case + shipping isn't to bad and I put a value at Zero dollars so VAT tax isn't charged. I do this as a favor, not so much as a buisness endervor.

If you can't download the files, then the CD is the only other option I can think of.

Some times Skype allows for quite large downloads. Just thinking out loud to see if any of these options would work.

Jack

* October 08, 2012, 11:51:06 PM
Jack:

Thanks for the follow-up.

I did email IMSI (the link you provided bounced but I sent it to the Customer Support link on their web site).

I have not heard back from them.

I will PM you to discuss further.

Joe Hayes

* October 30, 2012, 03:23:16 PM
Just to follow-up.  I have never heard back from IMSI on this issue.  I would recommend getting these training videos directly from Jack rather than through IMSI.  Their customer support seems to be non-existent.

* January 04, 2015, 03:39:20 PM
I bought Jack's roof training video package and found the series to be very helpful, easy to follow, and full of great suggestions. Jack is also prepared to give his time to answer any questions that may arise. I am not a beginner, but am an amateur nonetheless, and the series really helped me out with my projects. I recommend them to anyone. Rod.