Custom Bathroom

Started by garystan, September 06, 2012, 02:16:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

garystan

Okay guys/gals :

Thinking about remodeling your bathroom ?

garystan

Allan Chesney

Hi Garystan,

Great render - a good example of what Advanced rendering can do with bounced light!

No good for remodellingy my bathroom though - it is only about the size of your shower alcove!  ::)

Allan
Allan Chesney,
Kalamunda, Perth, Western Australia
www.alchesdesigns.iinet.net.au

TurboFloorPlan Home and Landscape Pro V16.0.C1.901
Envisioneer Construction Suite V9.1.2.1234
TurboCAD V17 Professional

gelagirl

..playing around with TURBOFLOORPLAN V16 HOME AND LANDSCAPE for fun...
..sketchup v8 - just for fun

garystan

Allan :

Thanks...............one thing though.................I was trying to 'frost' the windows.  But they kept being  rendered as a very dark colored window.    The effect I wanted was to have the window frosted and still have the light shining through.   And..........have the window have that 'bright' look to it (being it's frosted.

garystan

garystan

gelagirl :

Thanks..............................

garystan

Allan Chesney

Hi Garystan,

Quote from: garystan on September 07, 2012, 10:52:22 AM
I was trying to 'frost' the windows.  But they kept being  rendered as a very dark colored window.    The effect I wanted was to have the window frosted and still have the light shining through.   And..........have the window have that 'bright' look to it (being it's frosted.

What did you do to make it appear frosted?  I have never tried this but the glass colour would have to be set to white and reduce the transparency. If that did not work, give it a slight bit of Emmissive - maybe only 1 or 2 %.

You also need some water in the bath and steam coming off it - now that would be a challenge!  ;)

Allan
Allan Chesney,

garystan

Allan :
                  At first, I tried using Common Glass. Set the Transparency to minimal, if not close to "all the way '.  That just made the glass appear to be 'dark'.     I tried again with Window Glass.  Setting the color to White.  With the same results.  I also tried using Glass Block.  Not much better.     I did try setting the  'Emissive ' settings.  Not too much in the way of results.    (On a previous project,  I DID use the 'Emissive' setting for a large screen for watching movies....etc.....it worked quite well)     I just ran out of ideas to try.
                                                                                                                             garystan

Allan Chesney

Hi Garystan,

I think it would just be a matter of experimenting to get a balance between transparency and emmissive. You can also try some of the Lamp Shades and Bulbs materials. You will again have to play with the emmissive and transparency settings - not too emmissive or they will look like flouros on the wall!

Allan
Allan Chesney,

garystan

Allan :

Lamp Shade and Bulbs materials ?   Hmmmmmmmmmmm.....let me try that .   That just might work.     Thanks.
                                                                  ::)garystan

garystan

Allan :

Sorry,  I didn't your 'other'  reply/post.   Water in the tub shouldn't be toooooooooo   hard.   As for the steam.  That would probably have to be done in PhotoShop.
                                                                                             garystan

garystan

Allan :

As for trying to   'frost' the window,  I did a couple of experiments.      On one window,  I used carpeting. Setting the  Emissive level to the top.      On the other one,  I inserted a  picture (from the library) as the glass, again setting the Emissive level  fairly high.     Here's the results................

garystan

funrob29

To Have steam you would need light in the area!

Putting a light source reflecting up inside the Tub  and using a 1" floor  with a Water or frosted Glass material inside the Tub and select the Fog Effect when rendering might do the trick  ::)

Robert
Robert De Jesus Perez
Miami, FL.

FUNRAISE-Desgns ;)
AutoCad
ProArchitect
TurboCad Pro V20
TurboFLOORPLAN Home Landscape Pro V16