Cheers
Adrian

Designer/Architect
AC Wellington Builders
Old TFP
Turbocad 12

* January 01, 2013, 06:38:59 AM
Very nice Adrian,

What process to you use to make the sculptures? Materials? It looks like you are working with a 'soft' materail similar to clay. I'd like to give it a try.
I like the zipper lady ! That's funny / interesting.

Very well done 'shapes'.

thanks for posting.

Jack

January 01, 2013, 04:30:00 PM
Happy New Year Jack, and thanks for the comment.
The White stone is New Zealand Limestone from Oamaru. The Gray Stone is a from a area of Hinuera and is a Sand stone.  When finished just seal with a water proof sealer.   I mainly just use old wood working chisels to finish, anything from Saws to axes for roughing out. These were done in my home town of Whakatane at a Symposium where only hand tolls are permitted.

Cheers
Adrian W

Designer/Architect
AC Wellington Builders
Old TFP
Turbocad 12

* January 02, 2013, 07:16:27 AM
Hi Adrian,

Thanks for the info. Your limestone must be quite different than ours in Wisconsin. There is no way ours could be shaped with hand tools. We mainly use it for stone veneer in rectangular sawed and 'weather edge' styles.

It looks as if you live in a beautiful part of the world. I enjoy seeing where others call home.

Jack

January 02, 2013, 04:26:18 PM
Yep the forum here makes the world so small.....Yes the limestone is quite porus (Spelling ???)  much softer than that here in the Philippines (maybe because of the age of the country)   I have to use a diamond blade on the grinder. But never the less it is great fun and if you want to do it.  Do it.......Just be prepared to get covered in DUST. The large one was completed in 10 days...

Yes "Middle Earth" is a nice place, but colder than here in the Phillipiines

Adrian

Designer/Architect
AC Wellington Builders
Old TFP
Turbocad 12

January 16, 2013, 10:45:33 AM
Great Work Adrian!

Cadsoft ProArchitect 2
TurboFLOORPLAN3D Home & Landscape Pro
Version 16.0.C1.901.
Computer: