A Patio with a View

Started by garystan, February 16, 2013, 01:03:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

garystan

This was designed for a friend............

garystan

Allan Chesney

Hi Garystan,

Nice render, looks peaceful.
Are we going to see the house too - or hasn't Sue thought about that yet?

Allan
Allan Chesney,
Kalamunda, Perth, Western Australia
www.alchesdesigns.iinet.net.au

TurboFloorPlan Home and Landscape Pro V16.0.C1.901
Envisioneer Construction Suite V9.1.2.1234
TurboCAD V17 Professional

garystan

Mr. Chesney :

Actually,   I was  going for a redo of the patio at her condo.   First, she has one of those  "2 Dollar"  patios.   A simple wood-planked for with a  wooden outside wall with a wooden railing.   Facing  trees.    As for he condo,  I redid her dining room, which is right in front of the patio doors.
                                                                                                 garystan

garystan

Allan :
                              To go off-topic for a minute.       I was experimenting with exterior walls.   Using Advanced Rendering,  I had a problem rendering a  curved exterior wall.     So I made one with  a number of   "segments",  and it seemed to work.  Even though it wasn't as smooth as a  cureved wall.   Even wihen inserting windows.      So, my conclusion is.............each exterior wall ( using Advanced Rendering) has to consist of a  "panel"  X number of inches in width.    I'm not sure how far I can take this before it  "self-destructs".         I like using Advanced Rendering  vs.  Basic Rendering because it gives more lighting control.

garystan

Allan Chesney

Hi Garystan,

What was the effect you had rendering the curved wall?

If you had dark triangular segments then it is a bug. If the wall is drawn in the opposite direction it should work OK.

I like fhe lighting effect in your patio room - looks great!

Allan
Allan Chesney,
Kalamunda, Perth, Western Australia
www.alchesdesigns.iinet.net.au

TurboFloorPlan Home and Landscape Pro V16.0.C1.901
Envisioneer Construction Suite V9.1.2.1234
TurboCAD V17 Professional