Register

TurboFloorPlan 2017 is Shipping!!!

Windows with different finishes inside and out
Read 1087 times
* July 02, 2013, 10:55:09 AM
My windows are wood interior and aluminum clad exterior.  There is no way to specify different finishes for interior and exterior in TFP.  There is in the competition.

* July 02, 2013, 01:47:52 PM
I agree, there are certainly times when they are painted different inside and out also. I have  not seen any program that does this and I have tried most. It must be hard to do!  :(

Allan

Allan Chesney,
Kalamunda, Perth, Western Australia
www.alchesdesigns.iinet.net.au

TurboFloorPlan Home and Landscape Pro V16.0.C1.901
Envisioneer Construction Suite V9.1.2.1234
TurboCAD V17 Professional

* July 04, 2013, 12:42:01 PM
Nope not hard to do...but every catalog object, to have that feature, would have to have redefined texture domains.  Not hard to do, but a lot of work for an intern. 

Would be very handy for doors too....all doors in my houses are different inside vs. outside except for wood stained finishes. Especially valuable when doors shown partly open.  Of course may need door edges as a texture choice as well because doors don't have textures split along an edge.

Could be implemented similar to walls with in and out sides and edges...with dialog box to choose same both/all sides or select texture for each side and edges.

* July 04, 2013, 02:59:13 PM
This has previously been requested as an enhancement for Envisioneer but I suspect the quantity of work involved is the problem, for what would seem to be very little gain, especially as an advertisable new feature.   ::)

In the past I have used the Custom Member from Interior Accessories for a door (set in an Opening) as you can set the textures on different sides, including the edges, but it is a lot of work compared to just changing the door colour for inside and outside renders. It does not solve the frame colour problem either.

Allan

Allan Chesney,
Kalamunda, Perth, Western Australia
www.alchesdesigns.iinet.net.au

TurboFloorPlan Home and Landscape Pro V16.0.C1.901
Envisioneer Construction Suite V9.1.2.1234
TurboCAD V17 Professional

* July 05, 2013, 10:26:42 AM
My typical two different textures (door sides) solution is to render an inside view, change texture on door for outside view...just more work and trying to remember all 'inside' vs. 'outside' changes before rendering....inconvenient for sure.