Register

TurboFloorPlan 2017 is Shipping!!!

Now it is time to discuss TFP17 vs PUNCH
Read 4078 times
July 20, 2013, 05:08:17 PM
Hi all! This version  that is same as Punch  Home & Landscape Design Premium v17, so I wonder if it is better to buy direct from Punch instead to buy a copy.
look her http://www.punchsoftware.com/c-35-all-products.aspx

What is differences between TFP Home & Landscape 17 and Punch  Home & Landscape Design Premium v17???

In about TFP17 H&L will you read follow:
Copyright © 1998-2013 Encore Software, Inc.  TurboFloorPlan is a registered trademark of IMSI/Design, LLC. All rights reserved. Punch! Software, the Punch! Software logo, Punch! Home and Landscape Design Premium, LiveView, Ultimate Deck, Floor Plan Trace, AutoFraming, 3D Custom Workshop, Home Estimator, ClearView, Virtual Ruler, PhotoView, Texture Builder, PlantFinder and Cabinet Wizard are trademarks of Encore Software, Inc.  RealModel technology is protected by U.S. registered patent #6404424.  All rights reserved.

Robert

Cadsoft ProArchitect 2
TurboFLOORPLAN3D Home & Landscape Pro
Version 16.0.C1.901.
Computer:
KajRobVin 2011 Asus P6X58D-E/Gigabyte GV-N560OC-1GI Dual Screen Windows 8 Pro
Living: Älmhult Sweden

* July 20, 2013, 06:09:34 PM
I have the same questions.

July 20, 2013, 06:44:08 PM
Doug and Robert,

The 2 programs have the same features

Patricia
« Last Edit: July 20, 2013, 07:21:36 PM by Patricia G. »

* December 01, 2013, 11:01:05 AM

Hi TFP People :

I downloaded the Trial Version 17.    I'm glad I got the Trial Version, instead of buying the Full Version.   Version 17 isn't worth $99.    It has the same UI as "House Beautiful" by Broderbund.  And the results are the same.   See my post in "Looking for Help", for a rundown of what I discovered.

garystan

* December 03, 2013, 06:18:34 AM
garystan,

I am not active in this forum because I am using mostly Mac. But, I was checking an information for a friend and I found this post. I don't want an argument, but I'd like to clarify a misconception.
Same UI means nil. All the sw companies use the same UI as sales pitch (and to save $$$). Want an example?
One of home design programs that I consider bad is HGTV Home Design. Please, check the UI of any of the programs …..
http://www.homedesignsoftware.tv
is the same UI used by the previous versions of TFP!!!  ;). Now check the features and images: not good, right? So, as you see, you can't use the UI as parameter of a software.
I used several home design programs (Punch and TFP included) and this is my advice: you are free to use the program of your choice, but you need time to try and learn a sw, become familiar, to see the potential
Archi
Hope this helps

* December 03, 2013, 04:01:20 PM

archsolution :

I was just disappointed to see what happened in the "evolution"  of  TFP.   As you can see the results I get with version 16.  I'm not bragging.....

garystan

December 03, 2013, 08:17:58 PM
Hey Archi! Good to see you here "neighbor"  :D

You are correct regarding the UI of TFP and HGTV.
Same happens with the free and paid versions of other programs (Double CAD, Serif, etc) : same UI but different programs and results