Register

TurboFloorPlan 2017 is Shipping!!!

TFP Version 17
Read 980 times
* December 01, 2013, 11:03:57 AM

To IMSI :

I got an idea !   Trash TFP Version 17 !!!!!!     It's not worth $99.  I'm going to be using Version 16.

garystan

* March 14, 2014, 06:20:10 AM
I'm going to be using Version 16

Or you could use Version 18 - available from CadSoft - known as Personal Architect V4!

I don't know what has gone on between CadSoft and IMSI, but IMSI are definitely the losers in all this - no right minded person is going to use V17 (which is a cut down version of Punch - itself an inferior product). CadSoft are the producers of Envisioneer, what TFP was originally based on, and have carried on developing Personal Architect (what TFP used to be).

Whilst I have no axe to grind against IMSI, people should be made aware that they can obtain updated versions of the software they've been using for the last few years.

TFP v16 ---->CadSoft Personal Architect<
Core i5, 4GB RAM, 4TB Storage, ATI HD 4650, W7

* March 14, 2014, 09:55:54 AM

MudMover :

Thanks VERY much for your post.  I appreciate it.   I downloaded the trial version of TFP V17.  And, fortunately, for me, it was the trial version.  When I did a render of quick interior I set up,  the results were cartoonish at best. And, the imported objects (.skp) was a  job in itself to modify.  I tried Personal Architect 4,  and the results were comparable to TFP V16.  So, I'll use PA 4 as a back up in case TFP V16 heads to the grave.   

garystan

* March 16, 2014, 05:40:53 AM
Hi Garystan,

You will find the rendering engine in PA-V4 has improved considerably, as it is based on latest version of Envisioneer (9) and it is now possible to have the sun and interior lights on at the same time. I know you like rendering, so you may find the changes are better than TFP V16 (after all it would have been TFP V18 as Mudover mentioned).

Allan

Allan Chesney,
Kalamunda, Perth, Western Australia
www.alchesdesigns.iinet.net.au

TurboFloorPlan Home and Landscape Pro V16.0.C1.901
Envisioneer Construction Suite V9.1.2.1234
TurboCAD V17 Professional