Register

TurboFloorPlan 2017 is Shipping!!!

Bring Back One-Click Double Doors
Read 2096 times
* February 19, 2014, 01:44:03 PM
I miss the option to insert a Double Bi-Fold Door, or a Triple Sliding Glass Door.  It was so easy to do in the earlier versions, but now you've over-complicated things so much by forcing us to manually put first a left door in and then a right door in.

February 19, 2014, 01:57:35 PM
but now you've over-complicated things so much by forcing us

I'm not forcing you to do anything, because I am not the sw manufacturer. I am just a volunteer here, trying to provide help to the TFP users, sometimes without a simple "thank you"  >:(

BTW, both types can be developed as Custom types, I just provided a workaround that, IMO, looks better

Good luck!

* February 20, 2014, 08:17:03 AM
lkgrggrrl,

Regretfully, changes in corporate relationships forced us to change the code base for this product, as the older code base with which you are familiar is no longer available to us. There is a learning curve for all of us in this brave new world.

and Patricia G... I cannot possibly say Thank You enough for everything you do here! ... but Thank You!

February 20, 2014, 08:57:24 AM
Brian,

You're welcome!  :)

Patricia

* February 21, 2014, 12:08:53 PM
It was my understanding that this page on the forum was to be used to request features that aren't within the current version.  I have expressed this, and included the reason as to why I was requesting the feature. 

If we, the consumers, are not permitted to express our feelings towards changes within our requests for features, than I apologize and will ensure that all future posts contain nothing but the missing feature I would like to see.

I'm not forcing you to do anything, because I am not the sw manufacturer. I am just a volunteer here, trying to provide help to the TFP users, sometimes without a simple "thank you"  >:(

My use of the term "you" wasn't implying that a single person was forcing me to take additional steps I am not used to taking, nor was my post addressed to anyone, so I'm unsure as to why Patricia has taken my comment personally.  I apologize if you found my verbiage offensive in some way.  It wasn't meant to be.

Please allow me to reword:  The redesign of the tool now prevents me from achieving the same results, without performing 9 steps (insert 4 doors, apply transparent material to door trim of all 4 doors to hide it, insert a frame) to complete this activity.  In earlier versions, I only had to perform 1 step.  It would be much appreciated, if the single step option was brought back.

I just provided a workaround that, IMO, looks better 

I would have to agree that your workaround is fantastic, gets the job done and makes the bi-fold closet doors look wonderful.  Thank you for providing it and I'm sorry if I forgot to thank you in the other trail.

Regretfully, changes in corporate relationships forced us to change the code base for this product, as the older code base with which you are familiar is no longer available to us. There is a learning curve for all of us in this brave new world.

That is perfectly understandable, and let me express that overall I am enjoying many of the features in this new version which were not in the previous ones.  I didn't see a Kudos board on the forum - maybe the moderators should add that in.  There are many new features to rave about.

As the developers continue to work on v17, I personally would appreciate if certain items were added in.  I thought that is what we were asking for here.

February 22, 2014, 01:19:26 PM
I miss the option to insert a Double Bi-Fold Door, or a Triple Sliding Glass Door.  It was so easy to do in the earlier versions, but now you've over-complicated things so much by forcing us to manually put first a left door in and then a right door in.

My use of the term "you" wasn't implying that a single person was forcing me to take additional steps I am not used to taking, nor was my post addressed to anyone, so I'm unsure as to why Patricia has taken my comment personally.  I apologize if you found my verbiage offensive in some way.  It wasn't meant to be.

It sounded a personal comment. Glad to know that it was not.  ;)