Register

TurboFloorPlan 2017 is Shipping!!!

Cabinets - Multiple Questions
Read 562 times
* February 21, 2014, 10:23:25 AM
1.  When working with cabinet hardware, you have to scroll through quite a long list.  I've not yet been able to add things like the horizontal pulls and their corresponding vertical pulls to the Decorator Pallette.  Is there any way to make is so that the ones I want for a particular room or design are moved to the top of the list or easier to locate?  Trying to use the dropper/selecter tool in 3D only gives me the finish on the hardware, not the hardware item itself.

2.  I've searched in the help topics and in the user guides, but what I'm not seeing is the ability to duplicate items?  In designing my Master Bathroom, I'm designing his and hers sinks set up such that each area has two 18" drawer units and one 3' double door unit.  I've built all of the "his" side and configured them all manually.
  • I used to be able to do a single cabinet and duplicate it, so that I didn't have to go through the steps twice.  I can't seem to get that to work (copy and paste), so instead of doing a single 18" cabinet and then duplicating it, I am having to do it twice.
  • In addition, I used to be able to select multiple items (the entire "his" section of cabinets and sink) and duplicate it, such that I wouldn't have to redo all of the earlier steps and could quickly and easily make the "hers" side.  The copy option is grayed out on the edit menu.  Am I doing something wrong?
3.  The v14 version had a collision option that prevented cabinets from overlapping or going into walls.  I don't see that option on the menus and when I search on "collision" in the user guide, I get no results.  Was that feature removed?
« Last Edit: February 21, 2014, 11:18:39 AM by lkgrggrrl »

February 22, 2014, 01:27:55 PM
As Brian commented http://forums.turbofloorplan.com/index.php/topic,2840.msg14030.html#msg14030 the codes and programmers of the old versions and the V17 are different, so the features are different because they work in a different way.

The decorator palette is only for textures and colors, not for components

If you are using objects like furniture, for example, you can duplicate these objects using copy and paste. If you are using components, you can create templates and use them as desired.

In order to avoid overlap, use the snap features

Patricia

* March 27, 2017, 10:49:15 AM
> If you are using objects like furniture, for example, you can duplicate these objects using copy and paste. If you are using components, you can create templates and use them as desired.

I'm using TFP 2017 and have this problem constantly (not being able to "replicate" a configured cabinet.) A cabinet does not appear to be either an object or a component, since cut-n-paste does not work for them and templates do not appear to be an option for them. What am I doing wrong or missing?

Christopher Wroten

March 27, 2017, 11:22:15 AM
Hello Christopher,

Please, note that the post above is from February / 2014 => lots of things changed in 3 years!  ;)

In TFP, you have objects , like chairs, tables, etc. And you have components and special objects , like doors, windows, cabinets, accessories, etc.
This is a very important difference because the components have special properties. Specifically, the components are attached to the walls, therefore they can't be copied independently to another location.
However, there is a work around => create a small wall => attach the cabinet => select the cabinet + the wall => copy => paste.

Hope this helps

* March 27, 2017, 01:35:59 PM
Thanks! This technique does help and works nicely. I am surprised that such
a common and useful operation is not natively available in the program.
Appreciate the accurate and QUICK help! Thanks.

March 27, 2017, 01:46:59 PM
Hi there,

You're welcome!  :)

They explain the method.... we find the work around ;D