Register

TurboFloorPlan 2017 is Shipping!!!

Tabbed menu bar icons not showing
Read 1264 times
April 03, 2014, 08:42:52 AM
Somehow I seem to have inadvertently switched off something for the icons on the tabbed menu bars are not showing - just a grey shape where they should be. I have played around trying to correct this but am lost.

Anyone able to put me right?

* April 03, 2014, 08:53:36 AM
Can you please post a screen image so we can see what you are getting?  It may provide a clue as to what is wrong.

(Sorry about moving the topic but it was obviously a 'request for help' rather than a 'tip or trick').

Allan

Allan Chesney,
Kalamunda, Perth, Western Australia
www.alchesdesigns.iinet.net.au

TurboFloorPlan Home and Landscape Pro V16.0.C1.901
Envisioneer Construction Suite V9.1.2.1234
TurboCAD V17 Professional

April 04, 2014, 02:26:43 AM
Hi, Allan,

Screenshot attached (from ver 16). Most probably something simple that I have overlooked. At worst I suppose I could uninstall and reinstall

* April 04, 2014, 03:17:38 AM
The only time I have seen this happen is if there is not actually a project open, but it appears that something is open as there looks like a line at the upper left of the workspace, presumably from a plan.

Do you still have the same problem if you open a new project?

Just noticed there is a Wizard icon on the toolbar - you are not in a wizard sequence by any chance?

Allan
« Last Edit: April 04, 2014, 03:20:47 AM by Allan Chesney »

Allan Chesney,

April 05, 2014, 03:12:39 AM
Hi, Allan,

Yes, there was a project open and I get the same effect if I open a new project.

I was not intentionally in a Wizard sequence and took the Wizard icon as a normal part of the toolbar. However, I checked program settings and 'Launch Wizard at startup' was ticked so I unticked that, closed and reopened TFP but still have the same lack of icons on the menu bar.

Strangely, icons are only missing entirely in the Building, Interiors, and Landscape bars. Terrain has some icons and some grey shapes. Layout, Settings, Tools and Analyse all have a full set of icons. Program is also taking an age to startup at times, not all, so I think I'll uninstall and reinstall and see how that goes - unless that is you would like me to hold on to the phenomenon until we solve it. Could do that for a few days as no urgency on my project at the moment. Do you want me to send you the whole file?

Cecil

* April 05, 2014, 03:24:42 AM
Hi Cecil,

Email me your latest file (alches AT iinet DOT net DOT au) but I suspect it will open properly for me - it sounds like something local to your computer. Can only assume some dll's or something, have been messed up somehow.

I suspect that reinstalling may be the solution.

Allan

Allan Chesney,