Register

TurboFloorPlan 2017 is Shipping!!!

iPhones
Read 31474 times
* September 24, 2014, 08:40:18 PM

Hi everybody :

They say that iphones can take a beating.  Look at mine....and it still works.

garystan

* September 30, 2014, 07:49:05 AM
Hi Garystan.

Poor thing  :( 
Looks like you don't deserve to have one if you treat it like that!!!   ;)
What happens when you try to straighten it?  ;D

Below is my Samsung Note 3 - after 12 months in my back pocket and numerous unintentional attempts to bend it!  ;)

Allan

Allan Chesney,
Kalamunda, Perth, Western Australia
www.alchesdesigns.iinet.net.au

TurboFloorPlan Home and Landscape Pro V16.0.C1.901
Envisioneer Construction Suite V9.1.2.1234
TurboCAD V17 Professional

* September 30, 2014, 11:52:52 AM

Allan :

Actually, my phone is fine.  I did  a  "special effect" shot  on my phone.  I'd NEVER treat my phone like that.  I have a case for it. I bought the case online.  It was just a  "funny pic" about all the iphone 6 nonsense.

garystan

* October 02, 2014, 06:25:56 PM
Allan, as a small point of interest/co-incidence; I too use a Note3 phone.  Love the stylus tool.

* October 02, 2014, 09:29:47 PM
Hi Garystan,

I guessed the photo had been 'modified' - I was just stirring!  ;D

Hi Doug,

Yes I love the stylus too - always drawing something and adjusting photos of house plans etc.
Looking forward to the Note 4 now. They have greatly increased the sensitivity and functionality of the stylus and dramatically enhanced the multi-task abilities. The stylus works like a cursor too. Should be great.

Allan.

[quote author0=Doug.S link=topic=2943.msg14463#msg14463 date=1412303156]
Allan, as a small point of interest/co-incidence; I too use a Note3 phone.  Love the stylus tool.
[/quote]

Allan Chesney,

* October 03, 2014, 10:25:45 AM

Allan :

Actually, I have an older model..........the 3GS.  It works well...and serves my purposes. I don't want to upgrade yet, and start another 2-year contract.  On the local news channel, showed one kid who just purchased his iphone6, got outside the store, got the box lid open (with a little difficulty....shaking the box a little) and the phone plopped on the ground....face down.  The face cracked.      Here, with a contract, it costs (around) $199.  Buying it outright costs around $599.
                                                                                                                  garystan   

* January 14, 2015, 10:15:54 AM
Apple can beet every time others

aayaaha

* January 14, 2015, 01:26:42 PM
   Hi everybody :

On the serious side.........I did a little research. And I found out that the apps for IOS are screened for "bugs" and viruses.    Where as apps for Android aren't screened. 

garystan

* January 15, 2015, 10:33:25 AM
Hi Garystan,

Sadly there is a lot of misleading information around on this subject at the moment, notably a report stating that 97% of all viruses etc are on Android, but usually the report is only partly quoted, especially by Android's competitors. Technically the figure may be true but it does NOT relate to the official Android app provider, Google's Play Store. A mere 0.01% of the problem apps affect the Play Store and even these are removed quickly and only affect phones that have not had the latest OS updates applied.

The risky applications come from unapproved app stores, mainly from Russia, China and similar places and are usually found in pirated games. All Android phones are programmed to restrict the user to only download applications from the official Play Store, but the user can ignore the prominent on-screen warnings and manually override this setting if they choose. Those who do have no one else to blame but themselves if they pick up a virus or malware of some sort.

Since 87% of phones internationally use the Android OS, it is no wonder that the scanners focus their attention on Android phones. Users however are quite safe if they use the official Play Store for any apps they want and make sure they keep their phone software up to date.

Allan

Allan Chesney,