Register

TurboFloorPlan 2017 is Shipping!!!

Shortcuts
Read 1436 times
* February 17, 2015, 04:27:47 PM
Hello TFP,
I would like to suggest adding some Keyboard Shortcuts like, Space Bar for pan, R for Rotate and V for the Selection Tool for examples.
Possibly even the option of User Defined Shortcuts.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2015, 04:29:43 PM by Darren »

February 17, 2015, 04:38:40 PM
Although there is not a shortcut for Rotate, there are other shortcuts
Just open the drop down menus and you will see the shortcuts on the right of each item (see example attached)
Hope this helps

Patricia

* February 17, 2015, 04:58:57 PM
Hi Patricia,
I did find those, looking for additional ones.

BTW, Nice job Learning Punch Software: Training, Tools & Tutorials eBook, I'm really enjoying it.

Thank you
« Last Edit: February 17, 2015, 05:13:35 PM by Darren »

February 17, 2015, 07:03:49 PM
Hi Darren,

Thank you for your purchase and your concepts!  :)

Patricia

* December 10, 2017, 03:30:23 AM
Replying to the old thread with regards to TFP Pro 2017:

Although it's not documented, while the Select Objects tool is enabled Center-Clicking and dragging will pan the document window around.

In fact, it will pan around with any of the "Editing Tools" selected. Zoom in/out, but want to zoom in at the other end of the document now? No need to change tool selection. Just press the center button. (It's the click wheel on most devices).

As for the other menu items that do not have shortcuts, there are ways. Perhaps the most common way would be using another product like Keyboard Maestro configured to have application specific functions defined.

I chose a different approach  :-X  ..and Rotate is Command-R for me ;-)

... now if I could only figure out how to get a key item to select tool types that don't have a menu item associated with them...  ;D

Using Keyboard Maestro to do tool selection would require that the document window be in exactly the same place, so that's not an optimal way to handle that.

December 10, 2017, 07:59:15 AM
Hi there,

In each menu, you have the tool name and the tool shortcut.

In addition, in order to customize your selections and keys, you can use 2D => Selection Filter Options.