Register

TurboFloorPlan 2017 is Shipping!!!

Custom Cabinets
Read 1185 times
* March 07, 2015, 05:24:08 AM
Hi there: Turbo Floor Plan 2015 Pro

I'm new to Floor Plan and wondering if I can make a sort of triangle shaped custom cabinet. So what I mean in the attached picture, the wall is angled and we'd like to build the cabinets right around the angled which will cause the building of a custom triangle shaped cabinet to fit in between the two existing ones.  Also I notice that Floor Plan won't allow me to move the cabinets right to the edge of the angle. I don't see a setting under nudging to take that off.

Any advice on these items would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks very much.
Steve.

March 07, 2015, 05:13:48 PM
Hi there,

The TFP cabinets created with the cabinet tool are always perpendicular to the wall, so the edge of the cabinet will be aligned with the end of the wall
You can select the cabinet and move it with the arrows in your keyboard
In order to create a cabinet with irregular shape, you can build your custom models using the 3D Custom workshop power tool, or import a cabinet object

Patricia

* March 07, 2015, 08:23:06 PM
Thanks for that. I'll try and figure out the power tool.  On moving an object, I get the grab, but I can seem to bring them together on the angle point.

Appreciate the help

Steve.

March 08, 2015, 06:15:05 AM
Hi Steve,

the cabinets stop in 2 situations
- internal end of a wall
- wall breaks
Check if there is any additional point or interference

Power Tools: if you are interested, one of my e books is " Power Tools" and includes step by step tutorials for different power tools. See links in my signature below

Patricia