Register

TurboFloorPlan 2017 is Shipping!!!

Icon for 3D viewing
Read 1754 times
* August 06, 2015, 05:51:24 AM
I recently downloaded TurboFloorPlan 3D Pro 2015 with the training bundle to a PC with Windows 7 operating system. Most features seem to operate properly, however the icon that should appear on the 2D floorplan that enables the user to point to a 3D view is not present. Without it I cannot specify an inside 3D view and can only see a 3D outside view. How do I get the icon on the 2D screen?

August 06, 2015, 06:12:46 AM
Hi there,

Thank you for buying the Training Bundle, that includes my e-Book.  :)

Regarding your question, try these steps:

1 - Set the screen as a split screen (half 2D and half live view) . Actually, this is the best approach until you get familiar with the program
2 - Confirm that the Walk -Through tool is selected (in the Live View screen, select the "Little Man", outlined in blue in the image attached)
3 - Using the Magnifier Tool (outlined in green), zoom out the image so you can see all the workspace. If you prefer, you can use => Main Menu => 2D => Set Zoom => I'd suggest 15 %
4 - The icon will be visible in the 2D screen (outlined in red in the image) => you can use the same procedure to locate the Fly around tool (Chopper)

You can walk with the little man in the live view screen, or if you prefer, use the mouse to move / rotate it in the 2D screen
Don't forget to set the Elevation of the camera according with the level  (3D => 3D Navigation)

You will find lost of tips and information about the "Little man" starting in the page 164 of my e-Book

Patricia

* August 06, 2015, 06:58:11 AM
Thank you so much for your reply Patricia. After following your steps I still have no Icon. I've attached a copy of my screen. I did buy a backup CD which should be coming in the mail at some point, so I'll try reinstalling the program from that. The functionality is seriously diminished without the 3D walk through!

Thanks again,

John

August 06, 2015, 07:42:05 AM
Hi John,

You're welcome!  :)

I don't think that it is a bad installation issue. Lets try another thing.

Step 1 =>Open your program => bypass the QuickStart mode (by clicking Continue) => File => Open Sample Plan => The first plan is called "Belmont" => Open Sample Plan (the button is on the right up corner) => the plan will open =>
Step 2 => Main menu => 2D => Set Zoom => set the value as 35%
Step 3 => Set the screen as Split screen => your screen should look as the image attached, the Little Man icon is outlined in red
If you still don't see icon, set the zoom (step 2) as 15%

If you still don't see icon, please, post a picture showing the entire screen width (left to right)

Patricia

* August 06, 2015, 08:12:23 AM
Patricia, I just witnessed a heart stopping event! The icon appeared on the sample plan! So, I started a new project from scratch and zoomed to 15%. The icon showed up in the grey shaded area at the bottom as a faint white outline. I moved it up to the white workspace and Voilą!

I can't thank you enough. This literally transforms the program and the instructions in your e-book actually make sense now. A real ah ha moment! You are the best.

Thanks again,

John

August 06, 2015, 08:34:55 AM
Well, you're welcome and thank you for your concepts!! :D

I am glad to know that all is working now

Patricia