Register

TurboFloorPlan 2017 is Shipping!!!

Hardware Acceleration test-widget.
Read 1850 times
* September 27, 2007, 07:03:44 AM
Please may we have a utility that tests PC for compatibility with TFP hardware acceleration ??

I've seen script widgets that call Direct-X and OpenGL routines, literally just put an X in box on screen. Add an 'on error' trap, and we might have something that goes beyond 'rule of thumb'...

Call it 'TFP Hardware Benchmark 1.0', and credit Jack Zimmer's 'On for This, Off for That' comment that prompted the notion.

D'uh, given enough data, we may be able to figure out what hardware / firmware / software mix *is* compatible...

* September 28, 2007, 05:57:55 PM
Sounds like a good idea to me.

But if too much work, surely the developers coded to some requirements, even as simple as OpenGL version number x.xx (like 1.4?) would be a BIG start as there is a free program to run on a PC and it will report what version you have in your system and at what level of OpenGL (0 to 100%) is OK for each version to date.

OpenGL is not simple but you gotta start somewhere beyond OpenGL compatible....that's like saying you need "windows" with no version named such as 95 98 XP or Vista.

Does anyone from IMSI read any of this or are we just talking user to user...to ourselves?

Doug.S

* October 02, 2007, 10:20:17 PM
Agreed but, I think I agree with the feeling that we are being left to sort this for ourselves, again, so much for evolution.