Register

TurboFloorPlan 2017 is Shipping!!!

Envisioneer
Read 1759 times
October 15, 2015, 06:46:55 AM
Hi, Y'all! 

Taking a break from the Turbo Floorplan stuff.  I've heard that TFP has discontinued it's earlier versions, before 2015, so..... *sigh....shrug* 

However, I'm playing around with a 30 day trial of Envisioneer 11.  It's almost exactly like Turbo FloorPlan, and I can open up my projects in it, import my 3D objects, textures, everything I did in TFP, I can do with Envisioneer 11.  So I'm a happy camper again!  :-D 

The guy from Support called me this morning and we talked awhile.....he mentioned that since I'm more into the designer thing than the architecture, he recommended getting Personal Architech....which, Allan Chesney has also recommended!  My Better Half has offered to purchase  for me whatever program/product I'm most happy with, so yeah, I just might be getting PA in the near future! 

Does anyone here have any opinions about Personal Architect, or Envisioneer?  Likes, dislikes, pros, cons? 

--Judy

* October 15, 2015, 08:00:35 AM
Hi Judy,

Personal Architect is in effect a continuation of TFP V16 but several versions on. It is totally compatible with TFP 12-16 but with more advanced features of course. The latest version is based on Envisioneer V11 being in effect the 3D part of the program. The full Envisioneer V11 Construction Suite program is 25-30 times the price as it also includes full 2D construction drawings and integration with other building and supplier software. If you are planning to  do extensive construction drawings as an architect would (and have the finances that an architect has!!) then you  need Envisioneer 11 Construction Suite.

Personal Architect is an ideal and very affordable solution for 3D design and visualisation. In this area it is almost identical, to Envisioneer 11, the only differences I think being in the Terrain settings areas.

Personal Architect will do everything that TFP16 can do and much more, as it is a much later version and is totallly backwards compatible. TFP V17 (and 2015) is not compatible at all, being based on Punch software, hence the reason the forum is now in two parts.

Allan

Allan Chesney,
Kalamunda, Perth, Western Australia
www.alchesdesigns.iinet.net.au

TurboFloorPlan Home and Landscape Pro V16.0.C1.901
Envisioneer Construction Suite V9.1.2.1234
TurboCAD V17 Professional

* March 10, 2016, 04:13:52 PM
I see Mindscape is offering Personal Architect v5 ANZ Edition for AUD$75, but I cannot find any information about how this version relates to TFP or Envisioneer versions.

Also I notice that http://www.constructionindustrysoftware.com.au/ (CIS) is offering a localized version of PA(Looks like Envisioneer 10) but for about $500, while Cadsoft offers PA(Envisioneer 11) for US$99(AUD$130).

I have TFP v16 now running on Win 10x64 but find I have problems with TFPv16 rendering correctly and it's also crashing trying to open the included samples so I think I need to consider an upgrade. But I have local content catalogs from the earlier versions I purchased so I want to remain compatible if possible.

It seems very confusing, surely with this huge range of prices they are not all the same basic product. Can anyone offer some advice?

I've downloaded demos of Envisioneer 11 from Cadsoft and it draws much better if not a bit slower, opens the sample builds and converts projects OK. I'd like to upgrade/cross-grade from TFP v16 but I am not sure which version to head towards. Can I purchase the Cadsoft US$99 version and access my localized catalogs, will the Mindscape PA v5 $75 do the same, or am I forced to buy the CIS $500 version?
« Last Edit: March 10, 2016, 05:32:55 PM by cpcfreak »

* March 11, 2016, 09:10:19 AM
It is all a bit confusing so I will try to explain it simply.

Cadsoft, who produce Envisioneer for Architects at $2,500+ also make Personal Architect, Pro Architect, and several other localized programs including TurboFLOORPLAN versions 12-16. (Later versions of TFP are totally incompatible with previous versions and all of the related Cadsoft products). All of these Cadsoft programs contain essentially the same 3D modelling functions from Envisioneer, that you are used to in TFP 16 but with more refinements and functionality that have come with later versions. ProArchitect contains some limited construction drawing functionality while Envisioneer is for professionals and has very comprehensive 2D drawing capabilities also.

Mindscape used to sell TFP and provided it with an Australianised catalogue but it was usually one version behind TFP. It appears now that they have taken Personal Architect and applied probably the same Australianised catalogue. However the version number 5 may be a worry as PA from Cadsoft (or from Personalarch.com) is V11. V5 was I think the equivalent of TFP 16. My inclination would be to go far the later version. With any of these versions you can still use your existing catalogue. The CIS version is the same program but with a very comprehensive, locally produced, Australian catalogue. Whether you need this is for you to decide. Personally I just customise any objects to fit the local situation and save them as my own objects. Much cheaper!

I hope that helps a little.
Phone me if you are still undecided and would like to talk about it (0417963921 or 0863940935 in the evenings)

Allan

Allan Chesney,

* March 13, 2016, 12:26:45 AM
Cheers Alan, it interesting that they have the same basic engine, I have no problems running Envisioneer V11 on hardware that won't work(render or crash) with TFP v16. For example I can open the TFP v16 samples in Envisioneer(Via Convert and Save New Version) but TFP v16 crashes when I try to open it's own samples.

As for which version I suppose I'm likely to go with the Cadsoft PA v11 and do as you suggest I might need to pick your brain here on the forums for customising walls, materials, etc, etc. I don't really need the large library CIS provide, with TFP I probably used a couple of dozen elements in total. FWIW, I had tried adjusting some wall parameters but my early attempts caused some misalignment when I inserted objects like doors and windows, I gather I've missed something. I don't know enough yet.

Anyway I really appreciate the advice, thanks for your reply.

* March 13, 2016, 04:53:15 AM
Like you I found I use a very limited number of items in practise and for the most part it was just dimensional change that was needed. I could not see the point of having dozens of the same object in different sizes - takes longer to find the size you are looking for, than it does to change the size of a standard one or two.

If you get stuck just ask!

Allan

Allan Chesney,