Register

TurboFloorPlan 2017 is Shipping!!!

few questions
Read 835 times
* February 11, 2016, 03:19:44 PM
I am using the trial seeing if its something I want to purchase.  I have TC 21 Platium so using this program is nothing like like that experience.  I used to have a copy of turbo floorplan but it was different then this as well and I didn't use it much and can't find it. 

so my issue is first off i looked at the help and watch the videos and in there when a cabinet was put on the wall the view to the right showed the wall and cabinet from a face on look.  I have the spit view but both my views are top views and cannot seem to get a view where I am like standing in the room.  And my other issue is I am messing with drawing a bi-level and doing a landing and stairs has me confused

Reg
Turbo Cad 14
Turbo Floorplan 12

February 11, 2016, 04:30:28 PM
Hi Reg,

TFP V17 and V2015 are different program, not related with the TFP previous versions.

Regarding your questions:

first off i looked at the help and watch the videos and in there when a cabinet was put on the wall the view to the right showed the wall and cabinet from a face on look.  I have the spit view but both my views are top views and cannot seem to get a view where I am like standing in the room.
In 3D Live View you have 4 different tools (the icons are outlined in blue in the image attached):
- Walk-through tool => you will see a little man in Live view => to walk, confirm that you selected the little man and not the chopper
- Flying around tools => you will see a chopper in in Live view
- The Aerial View tool => you will see the icon showing a satellite/ earth icon to see a top aerial view
- Room View => select a room and then click on the icon showing a floor plan to see an aerial view of the room

In order to Walk-through inside the house => use this system to start => Set the screen as half floorplan / half live view (Split View) => set live view as Walk-Through (the little man) => in the floorplan view, you will see an arrow symbol (outlined in red in the image attached) => point the arrow with the mouse and move this arrow to position the desired Walk-Through view => also if you rotate the point of the arrow, the Walk-Through point if view will rotate as well.
Of course, if you wish, you can use the mouse only => If you click the little man icon in the live view screen => using your mouse => hold the left button => go forward / backward / left right. The mouse wheel will look up and down. The right button will change the elevation of the little man.
If you wish to visualize the second floor of your house, for example, and the floor elevation is 120" --> double click on the icon of the little man--> set the elevation at, for example, 160" (40 or 50"above of the floor elevation)
If you can't see the point and arrow--> set the zoom with a very low value (2D --> set zoom --> for example--> 10%) --> see attached

And my other issue is I am messing with drawing a bi-level and doing a landing and stairs has me confused
You are not describing the problem with the landing or the type of stairs.
As general information, when you draw the stairs, they will follow the outline. This means that, if you use the stair tool and you draw an "L" or "U", the stairs will follow these shapes, including the necessary landing (see U stair attached)
Some custom stairs require custom landing. For example,  a 2 stair segments linked with a landing. In this case, as the landings must be flexible in shape and thickness (for constructive reasons), they are floors.

Therefore, in order to develop 2 stair segments linked with a landing, follow these steps (please, follow the explanation with the image attached)
1 - Using the Stair tool (Floor Tab)=> Create the first stair segment => set height and elevation
2 - Using the Floor tool (Floor Tab)=> create the landing => set the thickness, shape and elevation
3 - Using the Rail Tool (Floor Tab)=> create the rails for the landing => set height and elevation
4 - Using the Stair tool (Floor Tab)=> Create the second stair segment => set height and elevation

Hope this helps,

Patricia

* February 11, 2016, 04:54:48 PM
thanks I got the viewing thing sorted, the stairs I will work on.  Is making a rectangle andconverting it to a deck a good way to do landings?  I will mess with making a floor as you suggested and test it out.  Other thing I am dealing with is I found a wall light but when I put it on the wall it just is sitting right on top of my vanity.  I find no way to set elevation of said light.  Is there a way to make cabinets with single door.  I needed a 42 in vanity and found only way to make it happen was a 30 and 12 inch cabinet which is fine as that is how mine is anyway.  but the doors do not look the same when I view inside the bathroom.  Just wonder if the details are there to adjust or is it a lack of ability of the program.  I realize it is not a 1000 dollar program for professional but I have seen some pretty nice drawing come out of the old floorplan 3d 

also how to raise a receptacle up the wall?
« Last Edit: February 11, 2016, 05:03:01 PM by Reg Neufeld »

Reg
Turbo Cad 14
Turbo Floorplan 12

* February 11, 2016, 05:41:23 PM
keep on with stuff and slowly figuring it out.  I object elevation box seems to fix most of my issues so far.  still having some grief with the little man view.  I think it has to do with the height of where my eyes are and I need to raise it.  I think I found that setting at the beginning and maybe messed with it as when I'm outside the house I find myself kinda to low or something.

Reg
Turbo Cad 14
Turbo Floorplan 12

February 11, 2016, 06:36:58 PM
keep on with stuff and slowly figuring it out.  I object elevation box seems to fix most of my issues so far.  still having some grief with the little man view.  I think it has to do with the height of where my eyes are and I need to raise it.  I think I found that setting at the beginning and maybe messed with it as when I'm outside the house I find myself kinda to low or something.

Little man elevation => I explained this in my previous answer:
If you click the little man icon in the live view screen => using your mouse => hold the left button => go forward / backward / left right. The mouse wheel will look up and down. The right button will change the elevation of the little man.
If you wish to visualize the second floor of your house, for example, and the floor elevation is 120" --> double click on the icon of the little man--> set the elevation at, for example, 160" (40 or 50"above of the floor elevation)

Cabinets: there are no limitations in the program regarding the cabinets => you can resize and change any feature. You will find the complete instructions in the page 118 of the User's Guide.

Elevations: select the object => use the Elevation bar

TFP, as any program, has a learning curve. The best way to learn the program, IMO, is practice + practice + practice => Read and follow the manual (this is important), see the videos => try to create elements not related with your project, so you will become familiar with the commands and how to develop the different components.
If you are interested, I have several training e-books and resources, some of them are free. See links below

Patricia