Register

TurboFloorPlan 2017 is Shipping!!!

making a second floor
Read 857 times
* February 12, 2016, 01:21:55 PM
 I have a my basement floor complete kind of.  I now want to do the main floor, so I chose the 1st floor layer and my basement gets grayed out.  How does one get the walls to be on top of basement in align.  you can not snap to corners of the existing basement walls.  I am managing to figure out most things by trial and error but this has me at the moment.  I am not sure if I am missing a setting or just what I need to do. In the mean time I will watch the videos again to see if I missed it in there.

Reg
Turbo Cad 14
Turbo Floorplan 12

February 12, 2016, 03:43:01 PM
I am managing to figure out most things by trial and error but this has me at the moment. I am not sure if I am missing a setting or just what I need to do.
Do you prefer trial and error instead of the using the manual included with the program, (Help section)? :o Then you are missing a wonderful resource.
The manual is a PDF file so it includes a "Search" feature => just search "align" and voilą!, you will be directed to page 56 where you can see the different alignment options. You can use the solutions according with your necessities.
As a general rule, the chapter called "Edit Menu", starting in the page 53 of the manual, explains how to take advantage of the different editing tools included with the program: these tools are necessary to use the program. In you case, I'd suggest that you check the "Copy to floor" tool (page 58 of the manual) so the walls will be reproduced perfectly aligned.

Patricia

* February 12, 2016, 05:16:28 PM
I would not come here to ask dumb questions if the help file was here.  Maybe I have to buy the program in order to get it.  I have not decided if it is good enough for what I want.   I am getting some stuff done but just as fast run into issues which mostly can be solved if I could find tools I need.

when I hit the user guide button it just opens my explorer to the program files dir where TFP is installed.  I find no pdf there.  Also I was messing with the copy to floor feature but for what ever reason I didn't get it to work so I found other ways.  So I guess unless I find the user manual I will keep floundering around. 

I should have started with a nice bungalow but this bi-level should be possible as I have seen in the sample drawings same principles as I need.  My issue is figuring out how they got to that point.  I have my landing and stairs mostly to my liking but now my issue is some of my top floor has no floor because I extended basement walls high enough so I could put the door at the right height without a floor going through the middle.  I am currently going to try to draw mainfloor exterior walls over top or something as it has to have a closed frame in order to get a floor.  right now my house has only a floor on part of it. 

Reg
Turbo Cad 14
Turbo Floorplan 12

February 12, 2016, 07:19:52 PM
I'd suggest that you contact tech assistance and explain the situation
https://www.turbocad.com/content/turbofloorplan

Patricia