Register

TurboFloorPlan 2017 is Shipping!!!

finding tools
Read 1148 times
* February 15, 2016, 06:57:59 AM
I have the trial version so still unsure if I have a bad install or why I am not able to find help files and some tools that seem to be hidden in the program somewhere.  I have emailed support but as of yet no reply but it has been a weekend.  When viewing the sample drawings I find I can select the railings for instance and it shows up in tools with some options for height and what not.  In my drawing I cannot find railings to to add to it.  Also I when looking for items like a washing machine the way I found it was by typing into a search box and it worked but I would think there must be another way to find items you may want to put into a drawing.  I needed a wall light and again only way I found it was through that search it did not seem to be in a drop down menu.  Still learning but feel I  have gone through every preference and options I can find.

Reg
Turbo Cad 14
Turbo Floorplan 12

February 15, 2016, 09:28:54 AM
Hi Reg,

I am under the impression that you've an installation problem, this is why I suggested to contact with the tech dept, so they can check the issues in your computer, installation, etc. In addition, they will check your system, limitations, etc.
Did you try to call them?
I sent a PM asking for assistance regarding the demo versions. Let's see if I can get an answer.

I am just a volunteer here, however, I will do my best to help. Few questions:
1 - Please include the title, version, and platform you are using. It is important to mention the exact name of the program as well as the version number (yes, I  need both). On the PC you will find this info in the main menu->Help->About… On the Mac this info is on the title menu->About…
2 - Some issues can be related to hardware you are using. Please post any information you have on your system (operating system, processor, video card, etc).
3 - What happens if you press "F1" (with the program opened)?

Patricia
« Last Edit: February 15, 2016, 09:30:31 AM by Patricia G. »

* February 15, 2016, 01:00:34 PM
not sure how I could have got a bad install but who knows.  this is version and what I get when I try for help.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2016, 01:02:15 PM by Reg Neufeld »

Reg
Turbo Cad 14
Turbo Floorplan 12

February 15, 2016, 01:27:42 PM
can you post the remaining information, as per the item # 2 of my post?

2 - Some issues can be related to hardware you are using. Please post any information you have on your system (operating system, processor, video card, etc)

Also, I am seeing something odd => in you first image attached, I can see a partial list of the files installed in your folder Program Files (x86)\IMSI Design\TurboFloorPlan 3D Pro 2015 => can you post a screenshot showing the complete list?

Patricia
« Last Edit: February 15, 2016, 01:35:34 PM by Patricia G. »

* February 15, 2016, 02:39:30 PM
well I will for fun but this computer is far above what this program dishes out.  I can run tc 21 without issues.  this is not a hardware issue it is either an issue where imsi is not letting the trial have options or I don't know how to find them.

Reg
Turbo Cad 14
Turbo Floorplan 12

February 15, 2016, 03:10:34 PM
Funny thing... so you know for sure that it is not a hardware problem? and you stated that it is not an installation problem. so...
Tell you what: I will let IMSI to deal with your issue. Please contact them either by email or phone.
Or, use the contact me option at the bottom of this page
https://www.turbocad.com/turbofloorplan/turbofloorplan-3d-home-landscape-pro.html
Or, if you wait, perhaps another TFP V2015 expert will answer your question.

Good luck with your project!  ;)

Patricia

* February 15, 2016, 03:59:06 PM
ok I found the railing I was looking for.  was in the decks tab.  not sure why I didn't see it there before. 
« Last Edit: February 15, 2016, 04:02:24 PM by Reg Neufeld »

Reg
Turbo Cad 14
Turbo Floorplan 12

February 15, 2016, 04:05:24 PM
So for the records, doesn't your program feature the rail tool and its drop down menu? (see attached outlined in red)

Patricia