Register

TurboFloorPlan 2017 is Shipping!!!

Filters for printing
Read 944 times
* February 28, 2016, 02:39:53 PM
There was a question quite a while ago concerning hiding items when I print in TFP 2015.
It mentioned pushing tabs to shut down this in the view such as not showing appliances or furniture.
My question is what tabs? sorry if I am missing something, but haven't been able to make it work.
I want to print just the floor plan with dimensions. Thank you, Mike

February 28, 2016, 03:06:12 PM
Hi there,

You are correct, this is the old post http://forums.turbofloorplan.com/index.php/topic,3079.msg15035.html

If you are working / printing in the Floor tab (or plumbing, etc), by clicking the small arrow or the name of the tab (outlined in green in the image attached) a drop down menu will open with the names of the tabs => you have the option of viewing or hiding other tabs. Just check the names of all the tabs you wish to show / print (pointed with red arrows in the image attached) => So, in the image => you will see / print the Floor tab, the Plumbing Tab, The Electrical tab, and the Detail tab.

Patricia

* February 28, 2016, 04:28:27 PM
Thank you Patricia G. I can see that now but how do you hide appliances and furniture?
Thank you again, Mike

February 28, 2016, 05:05:46 PM
Hi Mike,

You're welcome!  :)

Say you have a table => select the table => right click => Move to plan or use => Edit => Move to plan => select any available / empty tab. Example, if you are not going to print the Detail tab, move the furniture to the Detail tab.
Note: some components attached to the walls can't be moved to other tabs.

Patricia

* February 29, 2016, 09:44:39 AM
Okay I got it. Thanks a lot. One other question is, do I have to remove any cabinets
out to where so as not to print them? Thank you, Mike 

February 29, 2016, 11:37:24 AM
Hi Mike,

It depends.
As the cabinets belong to the Floor tab, you can't print the Floor tab without the cabinets. So, you'll need to use a work around:
1 - Save your file  with another name => delete the cabinets and use this new file just for printing purposes
2 - If you have small plan => you can move the walls to another tab (Electrical for example) => set the dimensions manually => in this case, print from the Electrical tab (see attached)

Patricia

* February 29, 2016, 12:00:14 PM
Okay I have it all now. Thank you very much for your very quick and informative answers. Mike

February 29, 2016, 01:50:42 PM
Hi Mike,

Glad to know that the problem is solved!

Patricia