Register

TurboFloorPlan 2017 is Shipping!!!

How should I draw a wall, which is partly tiled and partly painted?
Read 757 times
* March 04, 2016, 06:14:40 AM

I would like to draw a wall, which is to be partly tiled and partly painted. The “Appearance” Properties of a wall are applied to an entire surface.  So what should I do to model the surface of a wall, which is only partly tiled?

* March 04, 2016, 08:51:59 AM
Go the Wall Properties, on the Trim tab, go to Custom and choose Wainscot. Do this on the side of the wall where you need the tiles. You can determine which side of the wall is Left or Right by looking at the colour of the wall end markers. You originally drew the wall from the Green dot to the Red dot.  Imagine you are standing on the green dot facing the red one, the left and right side are then obvious.
The Wainscot is in effect a panel that attaches to the wall (eg Tiles). You set the height and what tile or texture you want and how thick it is and it is applied to the bottom part of the wall.

Hope that is clear enough for you to find it.

Allan

Allan Chesney,
Kalamunda, Perth, Western Australia
www.alchesdesigns.iinet.net.au

TurboFloorPlan Home and Landscape Pro V16.0.C1.901
Envisioneer Construction Suite V9.1.2.1234
TurboCAD V17 Professional

* March 04, 2016, 01:29:22 PM

Thank you for this information, Allan. The variety of features in this program is amazing. And I always wondered how to determine which side of a wall was the left, without changing the appearance of it.

What I am trying to do though is to split a surface of a wall in to a tiled area and a painted area in a horizontal sense, rather than a vertical one. - That is tiles from floor to ceiling over the left part of the surface and paint from floor to ceiling over the right part. Sorry for not making this clear in the first instance. Is this possible to do?

* March 05, 2016, 08:01:24 AM
That actually is even easier. Just select the wall, right click and select Break. Now just click the wall where the tiles and paint join. The wall is still continuous but the surface is in effect separated at the Break point, so you can apply a different texture on each surface - tiles one side and paint on the other.

Yes I agree, after using the program for probably 20 years it still amazes me what it can do and how it can produce almost photo like images. I have fooled people sometimes - thinking the images are real photos.

Allan

Allan Chesney,
Kalamunda, Perth, Western Australia
www.alchesdesigns.iinet.net.au

TurboFloorPlan Home and Landscape Pro V16.0.C1.901
Envisioneer Construction Suite V9.1.2.1234
TurboCAD V17 Professional

* May 31, 2016, 11:56:54 AM

That method for determining which side of a wall is which has saved me a lot of time already.

And when I did model where the tiled and painted areas of the wall meet I found that I needed to use the wainscot feature as well.