Register

TurboFloorPlan 2017 is Shipping!!!

Imperial / Metric Conversion
Read 762 times
* March 10, 2016, 04:18:12 PM
This a newbie question.

Using TFP v16 I have been drawing old plans in Imperial Projects, and I want to start designing renovation that will use metric supplies and catalogs.

Is there an easy way to switch an existing project between imperial and metric?

If not is that feature available in a newer version of TFP, PA or Envisioneer, or am I consigned to doing thousands of calculations?

* March 11, 2016, 09:09:44 AM
Just go to the Settings menu and you can switch it over. You may also need to go to File/Catalogue and choose the Metric catalogue otherwise the dimensions etc in the model will be metric but the names of objects will be imperial.

Allan

Allan Chesney,
Kalamunda, Perth, Western Australia
www.alchesdesigns.iinet.net.au

TurboFloorPlan Home and Landscape Pro V16.0.C1.901
Envisioneer Construction Suite V9.1.2.1234
TurboCAD V17 Professional

March 11, 2016, 09:44:53 AM

If not is that feature available in a newer version of TFP?

The current version of TFP (2015) as well as the next version include automatic Imperial / Metric conversion. This means that you can develop a project using metric units and another using imperial units. In addition, you can develop an entire project using one of the systems with a certain precision and with one click, the entire project including the catalogs, labels etc. will be converted to another system with a different precision.

Patricia

* March 13, 2016, 12:17:22 AM
Thanks for the helpful replies, this helps me greatly as I have an old house with imperial plans to trace from which I want to develop a renovation plan with mostly modern metric materials and fittings.

March 13, 2016, 05:46:02 AM
 :) You're welcome!

Patricia