Register

TurboFloorPlan 2017 is Shipping!!!

Eaves of flat roof buildings with parapet walls
Read 927 times
* May 20, 2016, 10:05:32 AM
I have an existing building where there are parapet walls on 3 sides and a flat roof.  So, I get how to put in a flat roof, but the eaves extend over the walls and there does not seem to be any way to stop this.  There is a settable parameter "Overhang", but it is set to 1' and cannot be reduced to 0'
I have Turbofloorplan 2016 version 16.0.C1.901.  Do I have such a cheap version that I can't change it, an un-offered feature?
Pierce Carpenter

* May 20, 2016, 12:48:40 PM
Hi Pierce and welcome to the forum,

I just saw your personal message also but no need to reply to that as you have obviously found out how to start a new post.

The V16 you have certainly sounds like the full version, same version number as mine, so the eaves can be set. The only thing wrong probably is that you are setting it to zero. Use 1 inch or even 1/16 th and it should be OK.

Allan
« Last Edit: May 20, 2016, 12:50:50 PM by Allan Chesney »

Allan Chesney,
Kalamunda, Perth, Western Australia
www.alchesdesigns.iinet.net.au

TurboFloorPlan Home and Landscape Pro V16.0.C1.901
Envisioneer Construction Suite V9.1.2.1234
TurboCAD V17 Professional

* May 26, 2016, 11:58:09 AM
Thanks Allen. The eves fix was easy.  I am now having trouble in that my roof slope is going the wrong way.  How do I fix that?

* May 27, 2016, 03:23:30 AM
Hi Pierce,

If the 'flat' roof is sloping the wrong way, then you need the select the opposite edge of the roof and change that to Hip and change the sloping edge to Gable. For a 'flat' roof 3 sides must be Gable and the fourth (the low end of the 'flat' roof) is a Hip roof, set to the Pitch you want.

When you select the roof, you will recall that there is an arrow on each edge of the roof. The edge you selected will be Green and the others Red. Select the edge that should be the lower edge of the slope (so the arrow goes green) and click any other green ones to make them red. Now go to Roof Properties and change it from Gable to Hip and change the Slope Value to the angle the slope is supposed to be. OK that. Now select the opposite edge (make sure it is Green) and make all other arrows Red and go to Properties. Change the Hip setting to Gable. That should reverse the slope and adjust the walls accordingly (as long as the walls are set to "Extend to Roof")

Allan

Allan Chesney,
Kalamunda, Perth, Western Australia
www.alchesdesigns.iinet.net.au

TurboFloorPlan Home and Landscape Pro V16.0.C1.901
Envisioneer Construction Suite V9.1.2.1234
TurboCAD V17 Professional