Register

TurboFloorPlan 2017 is Shipping!!!

Cabinet Help in 3D Custom Workshop
Read 938 times
* June 22, 2016, 11:53:51 AM
Hello All; I am totally new to TurboFloorplan, 3D Custom Workshop and this Forum, so be gentle.
I am playing with a floor plan, just trying to learn my way around. I have placed one of each of the available cabinet models, and although there is a cabinet which has double ovens, there does not seem to be a cabinet which has a single oven with a microwave above it. If there is one available, could someone tell me where I can find it. Additionally, I have tried to create this cabinet in 3D Custom Workshop. I was successful in creating the cabinet with both an oven face and a microwave face. Then, I decided that the microwave needed raised panel doors above it. There was where I stumbled. Can someone please explain how to create a raised panel door in 3D Custom Workshop? I can create a flat door shape that is dimensionally what I want, but it is a flat panel which is 3/4" thick x 14 x 19, no raised panel.
Allow one additional comment if you will from a guy who has spent a lot of money on a lot of different software since 1986, “Isn’t this the greatest, easiest most intuitive software you have ever used?”
Thanks In Advance For Your Help,
JCN

June 22, 2016, 12:52:15 PM
Hello All; I am totally new to TurboFloorplan, 3D Custom Workshop and this Forum, so be gentle.
I am always gentle..... as you can see by my answers at the Forum  :D
Please, follow my explanations with the images attached.

I have placed one of each of the available cabinet models, and although there is a cabinet which has double ovens, there does not seem to be a cabinet which has a single oven with a microwave above it. If there is one available, could someone tell me where I can find it.
As you have 2 different appliances, you need 2 different cabinets:
1 - Base oven cabinet (11th in the drop down menu - pointed with a red arrow in the first image)
2 - Microwave top cabinet (2nd in the drop down menu - pointed with a blue arrow in the first image)
The order is not important and the program will set the elevation automatically (or you can set the desired elevation and dimensions)

Additionally, I have tried to create this cabinet in 3D Custom Workshop. I was successful in creating the cabinet with both an oven face and a microwave face. Then, I decided that the microwave needed raised panel doors above it. There was where I stumbled.
You can add this effect with the Cabinet Tool => Microwave top cabinet (2nd in the drop down menu - pointed with a blue arrow in the first image) => click on the menu => select Top Door (pointed in magenta in the first image) => click on the "Facing Style"button (pointed in green in the first  image) => the styles' drop down menu will open (pointed in yellow in the first image) => select the desired style and apply on the model

Can someone please explain how to create a raised panel door in 3D Custom Workshop? I can create a flat door shape that is dimensionally what I want, but it is a flat panel which is 3/4" thick x 14 x 19, no raised panel.
Two ways:
1 - create a flat panel => use the Extrude tool (outlined in blue in the second image) => you can see the effect pointed with a red arrow in the second image.
2 - Import your own raised panel textures and apply on the doors (pointed with a green arrow in the second image).

TFP, as any program, has a learning curve. The best way to learn the program, IMO, is practice + practice + practice => Read and follow the manual (this is important), see the videos => try to create elements not related with your project, so you will become familiar with the commands and how to develop the different components.
If you are interested, I have several training e-book, with step by step tutorials and a full chapter about the 3D Custom Workshop Power Tool.

Hope this helps

Patricia G.

* June 23, 2016, 08:29:56 AM
Thank You Patricia;
Your option (1) worked flawlessly. I guess you could say that once I pulled my head out of the darkness, I could see the light. I played around a little with the 3D Custom Workshop option (2), but quickly found that I need to spend more time reading pages 429 thru 485 before delving into that environment.
Problem is solved, thanks again.
JCN

June 23, 2016, 09:58:21 AM
Hi there,

You're welcome!  :)
Glad to know that the solution worked and the problem is solved!

Patricia G.