Register

TurboFloorPlan 2017 is Shipping!!!

Inserting space without re-drawing
Read 502 times
* August 25, 2016, 11:39:48 PM
Hi all,

I was going to ask how to add more space, horizontally or vertically, to the middle (or, not at the edge) of a house, without having to completely redraw the present design to the left or right of the line where new space is to be added. However, just as I was about to do that, I had an idea, which seemed to work! If I do a multi-select across all the rooms and walls I want to keep, including all of the outside walls, then move the selection (e.g. using the arrow keys), I found that the outside walls and most of the inside walls, just stretched at the connection to the unselected portion. This is pretty much what I was after, so this is more a note than a question but if anyone has any thoughts on this, feel free to add them.

This is quite a common action for my designing, so it has been a real frustration up to now. I thought I might have to buy a really expensive architectural program to be able to do that. So my TurboFloorPlan 3D V16 lives on!

* August 26, 2016, 06:37:53 AM
Hi Tony,

Yes, as you have found, you can select any part of the building and drag or move it using the arrow keys and the walls, floor, ceiling and roof will all stretch automatically.

You can increase the height too by going to Building Locations and change the Floor Level.setting. this will raise that floor and anying on it higher off the  ground. The  walls sit on the floor so they will move up too. As long as the  walls on the lower floor are set to AutoExtend to Roof, they will increase in height automatically (if not you can change their height manually) to fill the gap left by the raising the floor above.

Allan

Allan Chesney,
Kalamunda, Perth, Western Australia
www.alchesdesigns.iinet.net.au

TurboFloorPlan Home and Landscape Pro V16.0.C1.901
Envisioneer Construction Suite V9.1.2.1234
TurboCAD V17 Professional

* August 27, 2016, 12:53:31 AM
Thanks, Allan.

That's interesting about the floor height, though I don't think I'd need that for my designing (when I mentioned "horizontally or vertically", I actually meant north-south or east-west, but used the wrong words).