Register

TurboFloorPlan 2017 is Shipping!!!

Runtime Error on loading TFP16 model in another TFP16 version
Read 298 times
* October 06, 2016, 10:28:13 PM
Hi...some time back I created an extensive model of my new(ish) house/pool/garden on my old Dell Studio15 running TFP16 (version 16.0.C1.950) under Vista.  The old Dell became increasingly poorly, and was replaced with new Dell Inspiron 17 running Win 10 (64bit), with apps/data transferred with PC mover - more or less satisfactorily.  However, although TFP16 loaded up fine, it produced MS Runtime error every time I tried to load my model.  On checking version numbers, the one PC mover had transferred was not the same as the one I'd been using, so following a link in this forum I downloaded and ran the available version which is 16.0.C3.901, and this too produces the runtime error.  I don't know which version is the later of the two, or why my new install keeps crashing.  Anyone got any ideas about how I can save the hours of work done on my house model?  I've tried exporting to 3DS and importing into TC2016DL but with predictable memory run out as it tries to resolve lack of material data.  Would Personal Architect be the answer?

* October 08, 2016, 06:55:37 AM
Hi Ross and welcome to the forum.

I am no expert I am afraid with computers, but it seems to me that the version numbers are the problem. Your original one ending with 950 is the most recent version. If  you can find the original copy of the file and install that on the new computer, you should be right. When you transfer this file, assuming you can find the original download, it is essential to right click the EXE file and select 'Run As Administrator'.

Exporting to 3DS is not a viable option as the file would no longer be editable, except for textures.

Personal Architect is another, probably better, option. PA will be a much later version, so should open your original file without any problems. Being a later version it will also have many other enhancements. If you decide to upgrade to PA, make sure you install it by selecting the 'Run as Administrator' option.

All the best
Allan

Allan Chesney,
Kalamunda, Perth, Western Australia
www.alchesdesigns.iinet.net.au

TurboFloorPlan Home and Landscape Pro V16.0.C1.901
Envisioneer Construction Suite V9.1.2.1234
TurboCAD V17 Professional

* October 09, 2016, 06:42:09 AM
Hi Allan,

Thanks for your comments.  I downloaded the trial version of envisioneer 12 which has PA in it, and sure enough the model opens just fine, so I guess I'll spring for PA.  Not sure why the latest version of TFP16 isn't held on Cadsoft's site for just such an occasion...but I'm the one who elected not to get the CDs for the software in the first place!  Thanks again...

* October 09, 2016, 11:56:23 AM
Hi  Ross,

Whenever I download any software I don't get  the backup CD either, but i always save the original download in a dedicate folder so I can always find it and have never had any problems.

Hopefully you will appreciate the new features of PA and feel the upgrade was worth it.

Allan

Allan Chesney,
Kalamunda, Perth, Western Australia
www.alchesdesigns.iinet.net.au

TurboFloorPlan Home and Landscape Pro V16.0.C1.901
Envisioneer Construction Suite V9.1.2.1234
TurboCAD V17 Professional