Register

TurboFloorPlan 2017 is Shipping!!!

resize floor plan grid
Read 444 times
* November 14, 2016, 09:10:30 AM
I'm a newbie here. I'm a retired cabinetmaker and kitchen cabinet designer. I worked with Autograph/Planit cabinet design software for many years before I retired. I purchased the Kitchen and Bath version 12 just mainly to play around with. My main question, is how do I make the floor plan grid into inch increments?  The software I used for years had 6" squares as the default dimension. I haven't found a way to change from the foot grid to inch grid. Help..

* November 14, 2016, 12:15:22 PM
It is many, many years since I used V12 but from memory it was the same as the current version, (now called Personal Architrct).  You need to go to Settings / Program Settings / Drawing Aids  and set the Grid size to whatever you want.

Allan

Allan Chesney,
Kalamunda, Perth, Western Australia
www.alchesdesigns.iinet.net.au

TurboFloorPlan Home and Landscape Pro V16.0.C1.901
Envisioneer Construction Suite V9.1.2.1234
TurboCAD V17 Professional

* November 14, 2016, 01:38:58 PM
I've resized the grid measurements, but so far haven't found a option to have a grid graphic to start building walls on. The software I used for years, when starting a new design, as soon as I clicked on "new", it would start off with a grid as default. Attached is the type of grid I'm refering to. And,, thanks for the reply to my original question.
Bob

* November 14, 2016, 01:53:52 PM
Presumably  the Grid is turned off. You  can turn it off and on using the Status Bar (on screen lower right corner).  Personally I never use the Grid as it is so easy just to drag the walls to the size you want.

Allan

Allan Chesney,

* November 15, 2016, 08:25:09 AM
Thanks, I now have the grid I wanted. Now to figure out how to make each square equal 6" and set that as the default measurement, so I don't have to set the specs each time I design a new layout and I'll be good to go :) Then I'll work on showing standard and birdseye elevation views of a cabinet design :)  Thanks again. Being retired, this helps to keep myself busy :)

* November 15, 2016, 02:59:06 PM
No problem, glad  to help.
I know you willl enjoy it - it is a fascinating program to use.

Allan

Allan Chesney,