Register

TurboFloorPlan 2017 is Shipping!!!

Importing pdf? Tracing? TFP V15
Read 831 times
January 23, 2017, 04:08:46 AM
Hi Allan and Sally,

I will be glad to help, but I'd need to see the .pro file.

Can you attach it? (if you experience problems, zip it first and attach it after).

Patricia

* January 24, 2017, 12:01:55 PM
Now that I am thoroughly confused on all the different programs ( why didn't they name them something different than 2015 and V15?  All the names are to similar. I don't know where in this forum to find answers to my questions. I look at V17 section and now know that I can't look in there for answers but can't find a section for 2015.  Can anyone direct me where to go for help on my program.  Wish I had bought a different program.  :-\

sweetsally

January 24, 2017, 12:37:59 PM
Hi Sally,

The forum is divided in 2 parts:
1- The first part (we are in the first part now) is dedicated to the programs V17 to V2017, as is stated in the title. This means that in this category, you will receive help for the versions V17, 2015, 2016 and 2017. The files elaborated with these programs have the suffix "pro".
For example, if you have a file called "myhome", elaborated with these programs, the file will be "myhome.pro".
2- The second part (where you placed your first post) is dedicated to the programs V16 and earlier version, as is stated in the title. This means that in that category, you will receive help for the versions V16, V15, V14,etc. The files elaborated with these programs have the suffix "bld".
For example if you have a file called "myhome", elaborated with these programs, the file will be "myhome.bld".

Now, in 2015 you sent your TFP files to Dave Taylor (TFP product Manager) and he sent me the files. They were developed with TFP 2015.

We know that your files are .PRO files, so, if you have questions regarding the PRO file, this is the place to post it and I will be glad to answer your question.
So, perhaps it will be a good idea if you post your file and ask your questions.

Patricia

* January 25, 2017, 03:25:29 PM
Thank you Pat for the clarification. I didn't have you do the roof for me last year because I wanted to learn the program. However when I had to send it out to an Engineer for structurals, she sent it on to her draftsman and that gal drew up the elevations.  I still want the elevations in my computer so I can make minor changes to windows and such but just can't afford another $200 to have the elevations drawn up on TFP.
I have read your chapter on roofs more than once in Learning Punch Software, Training, Tools and Tutorials, 2nd Ed. But geometry is not my strong suit so I have a hard time understanding angles. Some of my issues are: When I go to make the double gables,  I stacked 2 walls.  But when I put the different wall shapes to them, they didn't work.  What did work was having both walls in the form of the gable wall.  The other problem I am still having is understanding how the different roof lines come together when I am tying in another gable from a different direction.  How far in do I bring it so that there are no gaps in the roof.  Since I have some of the gables that are tying in at different pitches I can't seem to figure out how to get it to work.  I am using the 2D/3D screen to help with it as I move the roof line.  I am also trying to figure out how to do  a clipped gable on the main roof line but they are not working out either.  Thank you.

sweetsally

January 25, 2017, 05:00:05 PM
Hi Sally,

Good to know that you checked the project with a professional, although it was expensive :)

I have read your chapter on roofs more than once in Learning Punch Software, Training, Tools and Tutorials, 2nd Ed.
The eBook that you mention is not related with your program. The correct eBook for your program is https://www.turbocad.com/training-certification/turbofloorplan-training-and-tutorials.html

Some of my issues are: When I go to make the double gables,  I stacked 2 walls.  But when I put the different wall shapes to them, they didn't work.  What did work was having both walls in the form of the gable wall.
Stack a double pitched wall and a gable wall. In the eBook that you have, you will find how to do this in the page 55, in the section called "double gable walls"

The other problem I am still having is understanding how the different roof lines come together when I am tying in another gable from a different direction.  How far in do I bring it so that there are no gaps in the roof.  Since I have some of the gables that are tying in at different pitches I can't seem to figure out how to get it to work.  I am using the 2D/3D screen to help with it as I move the roof line.
I checked your plan and the roof you did => you need to match the roofs elevations as well as the ridges' elevations. If they don't match, move the points using the arrow keys until the you coordinate the elevations.

I am also trying to figure out how to do  a clipped gable on the main roof line but they are not working out either.
Use freehand roofs => insert points and again, select the points => use the arrow keys (keyboard)

Hope this helps

Patricia

* January 26, 2017, 06:58:38 PM
Thanks Pat, Wow you have given me a lot to digest and I think it will take me more time than I have to get this to work, unfortunately.  I had to send the prints to an engineer because I had to have structural drawings and it was expensive but cheaper since I had drawn the print.  Thank you for your assistance

sweetsally

January 27, 2017, 10:21:22 AM
You're welcome :-)

Patricia