Register

TurboFloorPlan 2017 is Shipping!!!

Auto Dimension text move
Read 148 times
* March 26, 2017, 01:49:45 PM
Just purchased V 2017 Pro.  Is there a way to move the dimension lines and text? While playing around with a floor plan the dimensions in a closet are hard to read because the room dimensions intersect them. In other ver. you could move the dimension lines out of the way, is this possible now with the software being Punch!?
Thanks

March 26, 2017, 02:56:18 PM
Hi there,

Yes, absolutely: there are several options for the dimensions.

When you draw a wall, if the Auto-dimension is activated (information bar on the right side of the screen), the length of the wall will appear in the floor plan. By selecting the wall, you can flip the location of the dimension line and text (if it is on the right, you can flip it to the left, or viceversa. If it is up, you can flip it down, or viceversa.).
If you prefer, you can deactivate the Auto-dimension and use one of the dimension tools (Edit Toolbar, on the left side of the screen). You can use the desired tool in order to customize the presentation. Also, you can use the Leader dimension (Edit Toolbar, on the left side of the screen) and customize the position, text, etc.

TFP, as any program, has a learning curve. The best way to learn the program, IMO, is practice + practice + practice => try to create elements not related with your project, so you will become familiar with the commands and how to develop the different components.
If you are interested, I have several training e-books, one of them is free. See links below in my signature.

* March 29, 2017, 07:02:27 AM
Thank You. I'll try that but I must say it was so much easier in other versions. You are right about practice and that is exactly what I was doing when I ran ito this problem. Thanks for the quick response. I ran into login problems and that is why it has taken me so long to reply. I do appreciate the help.
Rich Jones 

March 29, 2017, 07:12:56 AM
Hi there,

You're welcome!  :)

I described several options, that IMO cover all the possible options for the dims in a floor plan, but if you describe (or attach a picture) with the exact type of dimension that you need, I will be glad to explain the "How to"

If you are interested, I wrote several eBooks about the programs, one of them is free. Just follow the link in my signature.

* March 30, 2017, 06:22:59 AM
Thank You for your offer to look at the drawing. Since I was just doing some practice I deleted the drawing. Next time I work on it I will try the options that you suggested.
Thank You
Rich Jones

March 30, 2017, 07:00:00 AM
Hi Rich,

You're welcome!  :)

Don't forget to check my webpage and Facebook page for free resources, tips and tricks. The links are in my signature below.