Register

TurboFloorPlan 2017 is Shipping!!!

Intermediate Floor - Side Entrance and half bath
Read 273 times
* March 28, 2017, 05:27:51 PM
I recently purchased turbofloorplan 2017 and I'm having a problem inserting a floor between basement and the 1st floor. It's a side entrance that has a landing for the staircase leading to the basement and the staircase leading to the first floor along with a half bath. I was able to create the support walls for the half bath from the basement at a shorter height than the perimeter and remaining exterior walls. But the ceiling height where that basement support wall now covers that entire room at 60" rather than the 102" of the remaining basement. If I extend the wall height from the basement, it interferes with the staircase leading to the second floor.  Can't figure out how to insert the intermediate floor and looking for ideas or suggestions.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2017, 05:14:07 AM by GregL »

March 29, 2017, 03:30:39 AM
Hi there,

You've two options:
1 - work on the same floor and set different elevations for the different floors.
2 - create a new floor (use the Working Floor button) => set the new floor elevation.

Note that V17 is an old program.

* March 29, 2017, 09:26:03 AM
Thanks for the reply. So do I delete the "short" wall from the basement to eliminate the incorrect ceiling or should I work from the first floor and adjust down? Not quite sure the correct way to go.

BTW, I made a mistake and I'm using the new 2017 version. Should have included the 20 in front of the 17.

March 29, 2017, 10:34:40 AM
Hi there,

V17 and V2017 are two very different programs, with different features and methods.

Consider the bathroom as an independent level, with its own elevation. If the basement elevation is (for example) -60", and the first floor elevation is (for example) +50" => create a new floor with elevation -5".

Hope this helps