Register

TurboFloorPlan 2017 is Shipping!!!

Base Cabinet Drawers
Read 173 times
* March 28, 2017, 05:40:09 PM
I'm very experience with CAD and purchased V.17 a few weeks ago for a specific project. So far, things are OK, but I'm getting frustrated with the base cabinets. I'm able to place them just fine, but I have several cabinets with drawers. Some have 3 and some have 4. I tried setting the door qty to 0 and then switching to the drawers menu, stacked, and changed the quantity to 3 or 4. It seems to place the quantity in the space above where the door WAS even though the door is set to 0 and the place where the door visibly is blank. What's going wrong?
« Last Edit: March 28, 2017, 05:41:56 PM by GregL »

March 29, 2017, 03:33:32 AM
Hi there,

Please, follow these steps:
1 - In the Floor tab --> use the Cabinet tool --> place a base cabinet --> set the desired dimensions, backsplash, etc.
2 - Select the cabinet --> On the right pane --> Click on the button bellow the Cabinet Style icon --> a menu will open --> the second option is "Base Door" --> click on this option --> set the door height = 0"
3 - Select the cabinet --> On the right pane --> Click on the button bellow the Cabinet Style icon --> a menu will open --> the third option is "Drawers" --> click on this option --> set the desired number of drawers, the height of each drawer, the elevation, if you wish to stack the drawers, etc.

See attached

* March 29, 2017, 09:35:03 AM
I tried that, but attached is what I get. 3 drawers on top and one door that defaults to 1". I am using version 2017 V 19.0.1.1010

March 29, 2017, 10:21:22 AM
Hi there,

If you check your image, you will see that you are defining that the number of doors is "1", so the program is inserting 1 door.

Try these settings (follow the steps with the attached image):
1 - Base Door tab => set the number of doors as desired (in your case, it must be "0")
2 - Drawers tab => define the parameters and set if the drawers are stacked or not

Try the dims and parameters in the image attached, so you will see how the settings work. Don't forget to press Enter after each change.

« Last Edit: March 29, 2017, 10:26:12 AM by Patricia G. »