Register

TurboFloorPlan 2017 is Shipping!!!

Convention Stage Design
Read 4085 times
* July 04, 2008, 07:25:32 AM
Someone has to start the gallery so thought I would post this design for a stage for a convention here in a couple of weeks time.  It is the first time I have tried working with UP lights and it actually went quite well.

Allan
« Last Edit: July 07, 2008, 06:01:07 AM by Allan Chesney »

Allan Chesney,
Kalamunda, Perth, Western Australia
www.alchesdesigns.iinet.net.au

TurboFloorPlan Home and Landscape Pro V16.0.C1.901
Envisioneer Construction Suite V9.1.2.1234
TurboCAD V17 Professional

* July 07, 2008, 05:11:36 AM
  I don't have anything to post because I am still in the amatuer stage of working with TFP. I think you did a great job with the up lighting. Does it still look great when the stage is lit up or does it lose some of its affect?

* July 07, 2008, 06:13:59 AM
The model has lots of general light to simulate the general lighting in the venue.  The up lights are very bright so I am hoping that their proximity to the curtains, brightness of the the lights and dimmish lighting on the curtains themselves, will result in the effect being similar to the image.  A previous model resulted in the final stage looking identical to the model, so I am hoping this will happen again.  Time will tell!

Allan

Allan Chesney,

* July 12, 2008, 07:59:33 AM
Here is a living unit for the relatives in a top view.

All lighting is done with 'invisbile' lights (set to 100% transparency) except for the one lamp at the living room couch end. You can see from the shadows it casts both on the floor and wall why I like to use invisible lighting.

Jack

for online training visit our website.

* July 12, 2008, 08:25:53 AM
Hi Jack,

Looks great!  I especially like the look of the Kitchen with the curved bench/cupboard.  Any chance of an eye level view of it?

Allan

Allan Chesney,

* July 12, 2008, 06:34:19 PM
lookin good. new to the forum so just looking around. Hoping to make something that nice eventually! playing with the trial software before I buy it to get a little hands on experience and to make sure it works with my computer fine. the rendering feature wasnt working right under vista business, it would get 2 unknown errors when trying to render in basic mode and wouldnt finish raytracing in advanced. working fine under xp pro though.

* July 12, 2008, 11:51:25 PM
Hi, Welcome to the Forum!

A common issue with some individual PC configurations is Hardware Acceleration. I am not sure about Vista but it is only a click to try with it OFF while rendering and it may help. My laptop is OK (Win 2000) but the desktop (XP Pro) will not do the Advanced render with HA on.   Your particular PC with Vista may have a similar issue (Settings/ Program Settings / Graphics).  Worth a try.

Allan
« Last Edit: July 12, 2008, 11:53:12 PM by Allan Chesney »

Allan Chesney,

* July 26, 2008, 07:03:03 AM
Further to my original post at the top of this thread:

I subsequently modified the model having found out the actual colour of the curtains (and style - no gathering!) and also that the 'spot' up-lights were not available. So I modified the TFP with flood lights between the pillars and a similar curtain colour.  The final TFP model is the upper one of the images below.  The lower one is a photo of the actual stage as constructed.

Allan

Allan Chesney,