Register

TurboFloorPlan 2017 is Shipping!!!

Trial version - Save and modify/list of furniture
Read 191 times
* April 06, 2017, 12:04:50 AM
Hi everyone,
I have searched through the forum my issue but I wasn't be able to find it, so I apologize if this matter has been already discussed and please redirect me in the right place if necessary.

I'm on trial version, testing this awesome program that works very well. I have encountered an issue regarding modifying furnitures once the project is saved.
I explain better: I put some furnitures into my project, e.g. four chairs and then I save it. The day after I open the project and I don't see the four chair anymore in 2D plan in rendered view, but only in Framing or Foundation view (that allows you seeing everything through red lines). That is not a big issue if I want to modify just four chair but it becomes an issue if I have many small object in a bookshelf.
If I wanto to erase or copy/paste a single candle on the second shelf in a bookcase, I have to move everything above it in order to reach my candle (that is just an example).
What I can't find is a list where I can select a specific object from my project and/or how do I keep seeing rendered furnitures in 2D once I have closed the program.
I really hope I explained myself otherwise just tell me I'll try better :)

I have attached a screenshot!
Thank you for help

-Commander Shepard- ;D

April 06, 2017, 04:45:37 AM
Hi there,

There are several issues / solutions for your question, so I will explain them separately.

1 - In 2D, TFP is divided in tabs (Floor, Deck, Landscape, etc). These tabs work as layers, and each one has a color (that you can change in the Preferences Menu). Using the Information tab (right of the screen) you can show or hide the different tabs by selecting their names. In the first image attached, you can see that we are in the Landscape tab => go to the Information bar => Go to Landscape Visible plans menu (outlined in green) => select the additional tabs to visualize => in the image, you can see the Detail tab and the Deck tab. Therefore, while you are in a certain tab, you can select to show / hide the different tabs.
2 - The objects in the Furnishing tab as well as the lines, shapes in the Detail tab, can be placed in any tab. So you can place a chair in the Framing tab, for example, and it will remain in this tab unless you move it to another tab (Select => Edit => Move to plan => Floor, Deck, etc). These locations don't affect the 3D view or the objects' properties. You can visualize the desired tabs together or separately. For example, in the second image attached, you can see different elements located in different tabs, visualized in the Detail tab with different colors. This means that you can (for example) place the bookcase in Floor tab, the candles in the Deck tab, the  books in the HVAC tab, etc. Then, in 2D, you can visualize these items together or separately by selecting the tabs as described in the item # 1. If the candles are in the Deck tab, going to this tab and hiding the remaining tabs, you will be able to select them without problems.
3 -  You can select the items in 3D => if you wish to select the object in liveview, you can use the 3D selection tool (arrow icon => Live view screen) and point the desired object in 3D (pointed with a blue arrow in the 3rd image attached) => the object will be selected in 2D (pointed with a red arrow in the 3rd image attached)=> the object's properties will appear in the Information tab (pointed with a green arrow in the 3rd image attached) You can select items just on the active floor / tab. I suggest to work with liveview / half view so you can control the plan and the live view at the same time.

TFP, as any program, has a learning curve. The best way to learn the program, IMO, is practice + practice + practice => Read and follow the manual (this is important), see the videos => try to create elements not related with your project, so you will become familiar with the commands and how to develop the different components.
If you are interested, I wrote several training e-books, one of them is free  :) See links below (in my signature)

* April 10, 2017, 12:44:43 AM
Hi Patricia,

I really appreciate your help, thank you.
Now I am going to practice what you said and I will come back, if need be :)

Have a good day,

"I should go"
- Commander Shepard - :D

April 10, 2017, 02:46:25 AM
You're welcome!  :)