Register

TurboFloorPlan 2017 is Shipping!!!

Split-level Co-ordination
Read 516 times
April 11, 2017, 10:38:19 AM
Hi Jack,

I can clearly see inconsistencies with the walls elevations, levels and heights => I'd suggest that you edit the walls and verify the properties. Also, edit the levels and verify the properties.

* April 11, 2017, 11:41:25 AM
Dear Ms. G,
I decided to try a 3 room test for a split-level dwelling.
Floor1 = garage, elevation = 0"
Floor2 = living room, elevation = 111"
Floor3 = bedroom, elevation = 147" (over none)

By using quick start, I placed Floor2 over the visible lines of Floor1 and I joined Floor3 to the right wall of Floor2 (I was able to see the visible lines= all floors visible)\
This generated a proper 3D configuration.

I conclude that it is essential to do the quick-start using  the floors as templates for subsequent drawing.
Would you agree with this?
Best wishes,
Jack

April 11, 2017, 11:49:51 AM
Hi Jack,

Glad to know that you have now the desired configuration  :)

I conclude that it is essential to do the quick-start using  the floors as templates for subsequent drawing.
Would you agree with this?
It is one method, but it is not essential. You can move the levels as desired. Check these 2 examples
http://www.punchhelpers.com/residential10.htm
http://www.punchhelpers.com/exterior10.htm

All the best,

* April 11, 2017, 11:58:23 AM
Dear Ms. G.,
Working on principle that my idea was correct, I returned to the 2nd quick start plan. Making sure all floors were visible, I chose floor2=> select all and then mouse moved it over Floor1 as it should have been. Then Floor3 => select all, mouse move the entire floor to overly the right side of Floor2. A bit of tweaking followed than and it was as hoped!!

So I believe that I have figured out how to generate a spit-level and will now move on to adding the windows etc this proejct was in hopes that the 3D would help my friend understand his house better--he wishes to remodel the kitchen.

thank you for sticking with me.

best,

Jack

April 11, 2017, 12:28:37 PM
You're welcome!  :)