Register

TurboFloorPlan 2017 is Shipping!!!

Inserting kitchen benches without a wall
Read 67 times
* May 13, 2017, 02:41:44 PM
Hi
I am trying to insert a kitchen bench without a wall. I want the kitchen bench to protrude past the end of an existing wall. I can use an island bench but it doesn't look right and is too fiddly.
Please help

May 13, 2017, 05:00:36 PM
Hi there,

I am not sure what do you mean?
A bench is a seating element. If you go to the Furnish library and search for "Bench" you will find lots of difference benches (see attached). You don't need to attach these elements to a wall.

Otherwise, try to detail the problem as specifically as possible, so we can understand the issue. Let us know exactly what you want to do, what you tried, what seems broken, etc. Or, if you can, post a picture of the desired element.

* May 13, 2017, 08:10:15 PM
I'm sorry Patricia. I'm new to the language.
I did mean a cabinet not a bench. Every time I try to add a cabinet that doesnt sit on a wall it turns the cabinet into an island bench.
I dont want the island bench look. I want a cabinet.
Kendall

May 14, 2017, 07:43:01 AM
Hi Kendall

When you use the Cabinet tool (Floor Tab), you have two options to place the cabinets.
- If you place the cabinet by clicking on the floor of the room, the program will set an island cabinet.
- If you place the cabinet by clicking or dragging on the wall of the room, Punch will set a wall cabinet using the selected model => go to the cabinets' menu => select the desired model => click inside the wall.

Tip: you can insert the cabinet first and select the model after.

In my Facebook page you will find a tutorial about this topic, with images.
https://www.facebook.com/notes/punchhelpers/pats-tip-10/1268657373206500/

Hope this helps!