Register

TurboFloorPlan 2017 is Shipping!!!

IMSI Design should provide a standard .bld + .bmp file for test render check
Read 1581 times
* February 03, 2008, 09:38:44 PM
Per the discussion here (and in many other places describing render and hardware acceleration issues)
http://forum.turbofloorplan.com/index.php/topic,319.0.html

Amazing to me as to how every person's lights (and scene) render differently for the same basic bld file.

It would seem that IMSI Design should provide a standard .bld test file with render setup instructions and a sample .bmp rendered reference file so every user could test their PC and see if their system can even produce a simple standard file render output  that matches the IMSI  std .bmp file or if their PC renders differently and user should look for ways to correct/adjust to yield good renders....and provide feedback samples to IMSI to assist in de-bugging.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2008, 07:43:40 PM by Doug.S »

* February 03, 2008, 10:45:45 PM
Sounds a good idea.  There are so many render issues/inconsistancies at present that it would be almost impossible for a inexperienced user to produce decent results.

Allan

Allan Chesney,
Kalamunda, Perth, Western Australia
www.alchesdesigns.iinet.net.au

TurboFloorPlan Home and Landscape Pro V16.0.C1.901
Envisioneer Construction Suite V9.1.2.1234
TurboCAD V17 Professional

* February 06, 2008, 08:55:03 PM
WOW!  And I was convinced it was just because I'm slow-witted.   ;D

* February 07, 2008, 07:44:09 AM
Don't worry - it is not you!  There are definite problems in the rendering area and indications are that the programmers are working on the issues, so hopefully they should be solved soon. I suspect that some of the widely differing results are actually caused by Material settings (shininess / emissiveness / transparency) and using materials that are "not designed for this element" (as we are warned) could be introducing lighting issues.  I have found that sometimes restoring materials to their default settings solves an odd lighting issue.

Dispite all that and regardless of any forthcoming patch, I think Doug's Test file idea is a good one.  Version 4 I think it was of FloorPlan, had a sort-of render test file. It was ideal for checking the processor speed of your PC. (Related - see my post on RAM Requirements in Looking For Help)

Allan

Allan Chesney,
Kalamunda, Perth, Western Australia
www.alchesdesigns.iinet.net.au

TurboFloorPlan Home and Landscape Pro V16.0.C1.901
Envisioneer Construction Suite V9.1.2.1234
TurboCAD V17 Professional

* February 09, 2008, 01:14:46 AM
I agree, in fact it would help if this practise was standard for the software type.