Register

TurboFloorPlan 2017 is Shipping!!!

Poll Barn and Custom Material
Read 1136 times
* January 03, 2018, 06:07:56 AM
I'm starting a project to create my existing property, land, home, pole barn and landscape. I wanted to start with the pole barn which is just 6x6 posts with 2x6's used for support and to attach metal siding. Then I have metal trusses with 2x6's to attach the roof. This is unique compared to a house design. I noticed in the program that the wall tool assumes a normal framed wall with drywall and framing can only be shown in a certain framing 3d display that impacts all objects.

What is the best way to create a poll barn with the metal trusses?

Thanks
-Don     

January 03, 2018, 07:00:36 AM
Hi Don,

TFP uses a default framing structure (wood), but of course, you can customize the options.
Walls: right click on the exterior walls => Framing Properties => select the desired options.

Roofs => in order to create trusses => use one of the ready to use shapes (first icon in the Roof tab) => right click on the roof => Framing Properties => select the desired options.

If you have the Professional or the Deluxe versions, you have additional Framing options and tools in the Framing tab.

If you are interested, my eBooks include an entire chapter about Framing => see link below (in my signature)

* January 03, 2018, 01:04:45 PM
Thanks for the reply

I do have Turbofloorplan Home & Landscape Pro 2017

I did look in the Framing tool options and Properties but it looks like the type of truss I'm looking for (pole barn steel truss) is not an option. Below is a link to an example pic of what I'm looking for. Can I create a truss that would resemble this type truss?

http://www.armourmetals.com/images/polebarncenter.jpg

January 03, 2018, 01:35:44 PM
Hi there,

Yes, the instructions in my post are for your program.
Let's try again (you can see the results in the image attached).
1 - Use one of the ready to use roof shapes (first icon in the Roof tab) => right click on the roof => Framing Properties.
2 - A small screen will open => select trusses => select steel as the material => adjust settings.
3 - Visualize in Framing mode.

If you wish a different truss model, you can create your own trusses using the 3D Custom Workshop Power Tool.(Design => Launch Power Tool => 3D Custom Workshop)

Hope this helps

* January 03, 2018, 01:45:54 PM
Hello,

I did try the trusses available (see below) but I would like to create a custom truss. I'll give the 3D Custom Workshop Power Tool a shot.

Thanks
Don
« Last Edit: January 03, 2018, 01:49:02 PM by cookson9 »

January 03, 2018, 01:56:50 PM
The 3D Custom Workshop is an excellent tool for this type of element.

Good luck with your project!  :)

* January 03, 2018, 02:03:19 PM
Thank you

January 03, 2018, 02:46:34 PM
You're welcome!  ;)