Register

TurboFloorPlan 2017 is Shipping!!!

lighting
Read 161 times
* January 16, 2018, 09:44:20 AM
When I add a wall light from the library, I would like to add light. I tried the point up light - no fixture.
The problem with this lighting is it is visable through walls. Even outside the building the glow is visable, yet recessed light glow is not.
Am I doing something wrong.
using PRO 2017 version 19.0.7.1021

January 16, 2018, 11:28:26 AM
Hi there,

Did you find the grid settings as per your previous post?  ;)

Lights: the elements in the Furnishing library are just 3D objects, so for objects in the furnishing library, a wall light and a chair (for example) have the same properties.
The correct procedure to show "light" is => insert the desired lighting object (furnishing library) => insert the desired light effect (electrical tab).
When you select a light effect, the properties tab show the different settings for this effect => you can adjust the different parameters in order to obtain the desired effects. It is also important to set the elevation of the light effect.
In the image attached you can see a wall light object + a light effect (point light up and down).
Note that the light effects appear when you render the image or by pressing the "Apply" button.

* January 16, 2018, 11:50:28 AM
Yes, I did find the Grid settings, Thanks.

I will play with the lights some more as per your suggestions.
Thanks
Brent

January 16, 2018, 12:19:20 PM
Hi Brent,
Yes, I did find the Grid settings, Thanks.
You're welcome! Thank you for the feedback :)

I will play with the lights some more as per your suggestions.
Perfect!

* January 16, 2018, 12:26:58 PM
The lighting suggestions were actually what I was doing. I just used the up directing light. It works, but the glow is the issue.
In the room you are viewing that where the light is located, everything is fine.
When you move to the room on the other side of the wall where the light is located, you still see the glow from the light.

January 16, 2018, 12:53:47 PM
This is an old issue that happens also with interior / exterior walls.

You can use the ON / OFF options

* January 16, 2018, 01:16:46 PM
Yes, that is what I will have to do.
Thanks
Brent

January 16, 2018, 01:46:03 PM
You're welcome!  :)