Register

TurboFloorPlan 2017 is Shipping!!!

Objects Time Out
Read 448 times
* February 27, 2018, 11:59:13 AM
I am starting to learn TFP but right away objects time out before I complete drawing it. E.g. when drawing an arc everything starts out ok but before I can click to get the radius length I want the object ends drawing mode and establishes the arc wherever the mouse happen to be sitting. It is as though the program sees a mouse unclick.

If I take too long moving an object, it times out and the screen goes blank then comes back. I have to reselect the object to resume moving it.

Another situation is the help on all the commands does not remain open long enough to read the text. They time out and clear the text box.

February 27, 2018, 01:16:33 PM
I am starting to learn TFP but right away objects time out before I complete drawing it. E.g. when drawing an arc everything starts out ok but before I can click to get the radius length I want the object ends drawing mode and establishes the arc wherever the mouse happen to be sitting. It is as though the program sees a mouse unclick.

If I take too long moving an object, it times out and the screen goes blank then comes back. I have to reselect the object to resume moving it.
Please inform:
- Name an version number of your program
- Settings of your computer (OS, video card, memory, etc)
- Size of the file (in Mb)
- Size and type of object that you are trying to move.

Another situation is the help on all the commands does not remain open long enough to read the text. They time out and clear the text box.
Do you mean the Tool Tips? You can re-click and continue reading or once you open the Tool Tip, click the help that will redirect you to the user guide or the tutorials.

* February 27, 2018, 03:03:16 PM
No, I don't mean tool tips. I mean if I am trying to draw an object like a circle or arc, it starts out ok but before it can finish it and put it where I want it, the object completes where ever the mouse is sitting at that moment.
Please inform:
- Name an version number of your program  (The latest version 19.0.7.1021)
- Settings of your computer (OS, video card, memory, etc) (Windows 10 - Intel i7, Intel HD Graphics 630 integrated, 16B RAM)
- Size of the file (in Mb) (Minimal, the drawing has one wall and I am trying to add objects)
- Size and type of object that you are trying to move. (I am not trying to move any object. I am trying to draw a circle or an arc. You should know how big it is; I don't have a clue about the size since I don't know the internals of TFP.)

Nicholas Geti

February 27, 2018, 03:14:01 PM
1 - I am not sure where (in the circle) is text that you are trying to read (as you stated in your post)

2 - The symptoms that you are stating are related with your hardware / videocard. Usually, this happens with large files. Save the file => Save As => Myfile. PRO (or other name) => check Windows Explorer => see the size of the file.
Also, try to see if the driver of the videocard is updated.

Last test => open an empty file => create just a circle and move it => are you still experiencing the same problem?

* February 27, 2018, 04:24:36 PM
Let's start over.
I have a brand new computer. It is extremely fast (Intel i7) with enormous amount of RAM. The graphics electronics (Intel) is embedded in the motherboard. All system updates were done when I installed the computer at home.

The file I have created is tiny. Here are the steps:Start a new layout
Click File>New
Close the colored blocks menu
Click continue
Click Landscape tab
Click Detail tab
Select circle
Click mouse somewhere on the plan
Start moving the mouse. The coordinates begins showing tangent lines to the edges of the circle.
In about 3 seconds the object stops moving. Letting up the mouse button displays a completed circle.
I am very disappointed that the object seems to being defined as tangents or something. This is totally alien to what I expected. I have no idea where the center is once the circle is finished. I think of the center of a circle as known and I want to control the radius. This is how I think of drawing things. Instead, moving the mouse only tells me things like the midpoint of the circle, etc. This is not a CAD drawing tool as I expected.

I saved the file. Here is the size: 15KB
Nicholas Geti

February 27, 2018, 08:10:32 PM
Nicholas,

Your computer is not bad, however, integrated graphic devices are not efficient for rendering purposes.
As I can't evaluate your system, I'd suggest that you contact technical assistance.

Notice that TFP is not a CAD drawing program, is a home design program. They are 2 different concepts.