Register

TurboFloorPlan 2019 is Shipping!!!

Positioning New Walls
Read 1372 times
* August 02, 2018, 01:08:09 PM
I am new to Turbofloorplan and have a problem that I have seen in old forum posts and don't know whether anything has been added to resolve the issue.

I am creating floorplans of existing buildings using the Custom Project and Design Mode.
I first add the exterior walls creating a closed structure.
Question 1 - as I add interior features, what would cause my exterior walls to change?

Question 2 - Let's say I want to add a 9' long wall that is attached to the front exterior wall and that is 12'-8 3/8" from the side exterior wall.  I envision two ways to do it:
     1.  Create a #Wall (custom length) that is 9' long and roughly position it relatively to the side wall and then nudge it using the keyboard (with nudge set at 1/8") which is tedious or
     2.  Create a dummy wall attached to the side wall with a length of 12'-8 3/8".  Then create my 9' wall and bring it into contact with the dummy wall.  Then delete the dummy wall.

Is there a better way?
As in Question 1, what might eventually cause my 12'-8 3/8" room size to change?

August 02, 2018, 01:21:28 PM
Hi there,

Can you inform the name and version of your TFP program?

Also, please, can you add images to illustrate the issues?

* August 03, 2018, 12:50:14 PM
Patricia -

Attached is an image showing what I did. 
I created the 2nd Floor outside wall. 
Then I went approximately 5'  from the left wall and drew a wall from the top down 8' long.
Then I nudged the new wall so it was 5' from the left wall using the keyboard.
Then I drew the horizontal wall from the 8' wall to the left wall.
I guess not too painful, but it would be nice to select a wall and be able to enter a dimension to translate the wall.
Any improved method would be interesting.
Thanks

August 03, 2018, 01:11:43 PM
Hi there,

Can you inform the name and version of your TFP program?

* August 05, 2018, 07:27:44 PM
Oops - TFP Deluxe 2017 Version 19.07.1021

August 05, 2018, 09:43:25 PM
Thank you for posting the information. I asked about your program because, as you know, not all the programs / versions include the same features.
You can draw the walls and then, select the wall using the resize segment tool (arrow with the # sign) => you will be able to write the desired length for the selected wall. you can use this tool with floors, walls, stairs, etc.