Register

TurboFloorPlan 2019 is Shipping!!!

Missing Objects
Read 2394 times
* June 20, 2018, 11:56:16 AM
The two latest customized FP objects have disappeared from my floor plan but are visible in 3D. I am unable to select them anywhere to see what may have happened, or to delete them. When I click around and select the 3D object the information panel on the right turns to grey but I see the change in the working elevation! I've attached images of both, 2D and 3D. I'd appreciate any ideas. I've not had this problem before, but I still have a lot to learn. Thanks!

June 20, 2018, 02:02:27 PM
Hi there,

Try these tips:

Finding objects in 2D
Start with the first level, in the first tab (Foundation) and go over the following tabs (Floor, Electrical, etc). Repeat the process for all the floors, with all the tabs , until you find the objecst.

Finding objects in 3D
If you wish to select the object in liveview, you can use the 3D selection tool (arrow icon => Live view screen) You can select items just on the active floor / tab. So, if you click on the object in live view and it doesn't become active in the plan, try with other level /tab (try all the levels independently of the level where the object seems to be)
I suggest to work with liveview / half view so you can control the plan and the live view at the same time.

TFP, as any program, has a learning curve. The best way to learn the program, IMO, is practice + practice + practice => Read and follow the manual (this is important), see the videos => try to create elements not related with your project, so you will become familiar with the commands and how to develop the different components.
If you are interested, I have several training e-books, one of them is free. See links in my signature.

* June 20, 2018, 05:23:06 PM
Thank you, Patricia! I found them almost immediately, following your instructions for 2D. How did they get on the roof?!! What did I do to cause this? You are right: practice, practice, practice is the key. However, I don't get to do as often as I'd like. I have reviewed the tutorials on various occasions but oftentimes forget what I've learned due to inconsistent practice. Using FP is primarily because I enjoy designing. I was in the business years ago, before the world of technology exploded. I used paper and pencil and some very primitive software programs, most of them now defunct, including Punch's original (or nearly original) program and FP 6 or 7. I've certainly learned something new today and am most appreciative. It would be great to know how I managed to place furniture on the roof. Thanks again for your help.

June 20, 2018, 05:46:24 PM
Hi there,

You're welcome!  :)

Thank you, Patricia! I found them almost immediately, following your instructions for 2D. How did they get on the roof?!! What did I do to cause this?
This is the trick: when you insert objects, check the point of insertion as well as the elevation. In this way, you will know where to find the object in 2D and 3D.

* June 20, 2018, 05:55:12 PM
Very well. I'll pay more attention in the future. Learning something new certainly makes the program less intimidating and more enjoyable. You must have so much fun with the software.  :)

June 20, 2018, 07:07:29 PM
You must have so much fun with the software.  :)

Yes, indeed!  ;D
As you did, when I became an Architect, I used paper, pencil and a drawing table. In 2001, I did my first project using a 3D software and I loved it. Never returned to the drawing table  :)

Good luck with your projects!

* October 24, 2018, 01:45:04 PM
Okay. I guess it is going to be missing for a long time. I just wanted to know if another one of my object libraries was corrupted.

Thanks,
                                           Ryan

October 24, 2018, 02:24:42 PM
Hi there,

I will be glad to help, but I am not sure if I understand the issue?

Can you explain the problem with your libraries? if you prefer, show a screenshot of the situation.