Few suggestions

Started by HospDirectAlex, October 12, 2018, 01:43:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HospDirectAlex

I only recently began using TurboFloorPlan so forgive me if these are already a part of the program

Colored lighting options. With the work that im using this program for, if I could change the light from white to blue it would be very beneficial

Maybe have the paintbrush as an actual tool so that when I choose a material I can just click all of the surfaces that I want changed to said material. That way if im going back and forth between certain colors on different floors I dont have to constantly move my mouse from the right side of my screen to the desired wall/object

Glass. Im actually quite confused about glass not being a default material OR furnishing that goes into windows, it just seems like any place that there would be glass its just a hole.

The ability to save rendering quality options would be very nice, I dont know if this is something im doing wrong or if its just not a part of the program, but it seems everytime I start the program the rendering quality settings revert back to 'coarse'. I always set my quality to fine on everything as im using a pc that can support higher settings. Also in the same aspect, Final render quality is reset to 'High(Moderate)' everytime the program is starter, as apposed to the 'Excellent(Very Slow)' setting I always change it to.

As I find the 3D custom editor frustrating to use(most likely from a lack of watching tutorials etc), a way to be able to highlight certain groups of objects and save them as a single object. Example: I custom created a front desk with rectangles and circles, now I feel like if I ever want to use that desk again I will have to start from scratch, except for the few peices I used to begin with.

Any and all feedback is appreciated thank you!

Patricia G.

Hi there,
First and most important: please inform the exact name, version and OS of your TFP program

HospDirectAlex

TurboFloorplan Home and Landscape Pro 2019
Version 20.0.0.1016
Windows 10 64 bit

Patricia G.

Hi there,
Thank you for the information re: your program => different programs, versions and OS include different features.
Most of the items that you mentioned in your request are included in the program or have at least a workaround to include the feature.

Quote from: HospDirectAlex on October 12, 2018, 01:43:05 PM
Colored lighting options. With the work that im using this program for, if I could change the light from white to blue it would be very beneficial
Although the feature is not included in the TFP programs, you can create the effect by including the light inside a 3D fixture (POB) with transparency and color.

Maybe have the paintbrush as an actual tool so that when I choose a material I can just click all of the surfaces that I want changed to said material. That way if im going back and forth between certain colors on different floors I dont have to constantly move my mouse from the right side of my screen to the desired wall/object
These features exist. Did you check the SmartWand Tool (Page 104 of the User's Guide) and the Decorator Palette (Page 296 of the User's Guide)?

Glass. Im actually quite confused about glass not being a default material OR furnishing that goes into windows, it just seems like any place that there would be glass its just a hole.
The TFP windows are 100% transparent and by default, they don't include glass. However, there are several resources to add opaque surfaces.
Note that the glass blocks, stained glass, etc. are just textures, therefore you need a surface to apply the textures.
Some options:
1 - In your program, go to Custom Windows => Fixed => the 3rd window includes an opaque pane. Insert the window in your design => texture the opaque pane with glass or glass block.
I used these windows in this image in my website
2 - Open the 3D Custom Workshop Power Tool => create a 2D surface and insert it inside the window. The good thing about this option is that you can control the transparency.
I used these windows in this image in my website

The ability to save rendering quality options would be very nice, I dont know if this is something im doing wrong or if its just not a part of the program, but it seems everytime I start the program the rendering quality settings revert back to 'coarse'. I always set my quality to fine on everything as im using a pc that can support higher settings. Also in the same aspect, Final render quality is reset to 'High(Moderate)' everytime the program is starter, as apposed to the 'Excellent(Very Slow)' setting I always change it to.
"Coarse"? do you mean the individual adjustments for the different elements? (Navigation options)
I don't see the default settings as "coarse", but anyway, in my experience with this program (since 2001), the best option is develop the hard work with a low rendering quality and reserve the final quality for the final rendering => this is recommended by the VC experts because it will give you extra life for your video card and better results if you are working with large files.

As I find the 3D custom editor frustrating to use(most likely from a lack of watching tutorials etc), a way to be able to highlight certain groups of objects and save them as a single object. Example: I custom created a front desk with rectangles and circles, now I feel like if I ever want to use that desk again I will have to start from scratch, except for the few peices I used to begin with.
Not sure what do you mean by "3D custom editor"?
The resources that you request exist:
-   Yes, there is a video tutorial => Help => Training Center
-   Yes, you can group several objects as one object using the 3D Custom Workshop Power Tool or create a template.
-   Yes, you can save your custom 3D objects to the library using the 3D Custom Workshop Power Tool.

TFP, as any program, has a learning curve. The best way to learn the program, IMO, is practice + practice + practice => Read and follow the manual (this is important), see the videos (Go to Help => Training Center) => try to create elements not related with your project, so you will become familiar with the commands and how to develop the different components.
If you are interested (and particularly if you are going to work with this program), you will find lots of step by step tutorials about all these subjects and tools in my eBook exclusive for TFP V2019 users .

Hope this helps.

HospDirectAlex

Could you be more specific on how to change the lighting colors, I tried to use a fixture light and non fixture light with a transparent 3d object to no avail.

Also from what I saw there is no page 104 of the user guide, perhaps im in the wrong one? See picture*

I can live without having all of those settings up to the finest quality by default, but it would just be nice because most of the time im not working with a full house/building im doing one sided exteriors or single rooms

Thank you for your response!

Patricia G.

This is not a screenshot of the user guide of TurboFloorplan Home and Landscape Pro 2019.
Perhaps you are using a different program? Where did you find it?

HospDirectAlex

I found the user guide I was supposed to be on but it doesn't mention anything about being able to use the smart wand in the way I had described, the lighting is something im more interested in due to the fact that its a new feature if you will, as opposed to this tool option

Patricia G.

Hi there,

The user guide is a PDF file that, in addition of the TOC, includes an amazing tool called "Search" => you can activate it by clicking on the magnifier icon (or "+" icon, depending of your version) or, if you prefer, you can use the shortcut "Ctrl + F"

The SmartWand is not related with the light. I'd suggest that you use it in addition with the Decorator Palette to get the desired results.

Hope this helps.